Beebee has a follow up vet appointment today over my lunch hour and then I'll drop off the gravel bike to have the pulleys installed.
Bike
  • 1h 11m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 15.21 Mi/hr

Wheelfast Ride - did the shorter loop now that it's getting dark earlier

Stopped by the LBS last night after work with my cadence sensor --- Matt (shop owner) changed out battery and fiddled with it a bit and got it working, so he saved me from having to buy a new sensor. This sensor is probably about 9 years old, it's on my 2009 tri bike that I use on the trainer, so I was cool with having to replace it if need be. That kind of mileage out of any sort of Garmin gadget is pretty respectable.

The rear derailleur pulleys that I won at the TT last week had been dropped off at the bike shop, so I'll take the gravel bike over there and have them installed and then take a picture. They are really cool and spin very nicely, so I'm pretty thrilled about my luck.

And it's like 100 degrees with the heat index. Ugh, summer again..

It was super muggy out so decided to Zwift after work instead of riding outside. There was a huge update that ended up taking close to 10 minutes to download and install, which is always frustrating, and then my cadence sensor decided to act up. Changed the battery but my avatar was zooming around with legs remaining in one position. It was too annoying so I bagged the workout.
Run
  • 16m 12s
  • 1.22 miles
  • 13m 17s /Mi

Easy walk/jog around the subdivision. Going to be a steamy week and the humidity's up

It's the day of our bike club's big century ride but it rained most of the day, so I skipped it. Felt very out of sorts when I looked on Strava and saw how many people had gone ahead and ridden.

Did meal planning, grocery shopping and made some soup. Other than that, kind of a low key Sunday.
Bike
  • 2h 30m
  • 30.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

Gravel riding around Hannibal

We went over to Hannibal this morning and a gravel loop on some of my favorite roads. For only 30 miles, there's 2,000 feet of climbing, so definitely got my money's worth. I didn't fuel very well and at the very end we decided to climb up Lover's Leap. I've done this a handful of times, so I know it's possible, but at the halfway point I felt kind of shaky -- that icky feeling when blood sugar is a bit low. Got off and walked to the top. I need to remember that even on shorter rides, if it's tough I need to be vigilant about fueling properly.

After our ride we met up with Steve's daughter and her family, and we toured the cave just south of Hannibal. It was the setting for part of Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn. Very cool, and we had a great tour guide. The grandkids really enjoyed it and the cool air was a nice break on the warm summer day.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 5.72 miles
  • 7.63 Mi/hr

mtb on the church trails

abake's Training Log

September 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28