• 17.00 miles
  • 17.89 Mi/hr

Zwift Group Ride

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha - Cardio
Modified it and felt pretty good today

We had dinner last night with some new neighbors. Steve knows the husband through bike riding. They are a very sweet couple and I could see us getting together with them. We were just commenting that we don't know too many of our neighbors other than to say hi. it does seem like most of the people in our neighborhood are younger couples with small children, so the demographic is definitely different.

I signed up for Zwift Academy again this year in hopes of jumpstarting my biking mojo. It's getting cold and windy and rainy and the thought of piling on the clothing is unappealing.

Steve's Aunt who lives in Texas is arriving later today for a visit and will be staying for a couple of days.

Tried to watch the debate last night and had to change the channel after 20 minutes. What a sh*t show.
Working in the office today and have lunch at Mom's. And it's starting to look like Zwift weather, with some wind and possible rain.
Strength
  • 30m

21 Day Fix - Total Body Core
Not really sure why I picked this workout other than I like working with the bands.

Sport
  • HIIT
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha Phase - Total Body Circuit
Modified all of the jumping and twisting moves. Still a challenging workout.

It finally cooled off and rain moved in during the night. When we walked this morning, it really felt like fall. I'm really ready for a change in the hot weather.

Outdoor yoga was cancelled this morning --- too wet and windy. Boo...

Went to Scheels this afternoon and got some proper cross training shoes --- ended up with Nike Metcons, which I guess are a favorite in the Crossfit world. I'd been wearing my running shoes for my BOD workouts and wonder if that's part of my problem. I was annoyed with the high price tag but then remembered that I used to spend that much on running shoes, so it's all relative.

Bike
  • 2h 34m
  • 40.00 miles
  • 15.58 Mi/hr

Road bikes

One of those nights where I kept waking up and having trouble getting back to sleep. My body feels creaky and achy, not in the I'm-getting-sick kind of achy, but more like how you feel after a really hard workout. Starting to wonder if the Shaun T HIIT-type workouts are just too intense for this 58-year old body. I do enjoy the workouts and feel they are great cross training. Maybe space them out to every 3 days and add in yoga or pilates? Just thinking here...

It should be another beautiful fall day here in Central Illinois. Will probably get out the road bike and get an easy ride in. My annual flowers are starting to die back, mostly the petunias, so there's some work to be done there.

Bike
  • 3h 38m
  • 40.71 miles
  • 11.20 Mi/hr

Great ride in Fulton County but I'm really glad it was "only" 40 miles. We've ridden these roads before but today the climbs seemed ruthless. There were 6 in all. I walked parts of 3 of them, just didn't have the legs today.
Afterwards we had lunch at the Bernadotte Cafe -- really nice home style food!

We're headed over to Fulton County today for some gravel riding, starting from the town of Bernadotte along the Spoon River. Just me and Steve. As much as I love the group we ride with, sometimes it's a real treat to ride with just the two of us. We're typically the organizers and simples rides tend to turn into cat herding.

There's a small cafe where we are having lunch afterwards. It's a Mom/pop kind of place that serves comfort food, which sounds like just the ticket.

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha Phase - Cardio
Having to modify less

My work meeting was dull (as most meetings are) and lasted way too long but holy cow, it was good to see some people face-to-face instead of via Teams or Zoom. We used the large conference room so that we could socially distance ourselves and it worked out just fine.

Will probably get a short ride in today at some point.

Back to 21 Day Fix eating --- I need to get serious about the weight I picked up over the last year. I'd blame it on Covid and the fact that I'm less mobile with working from home but truth is, I've just been sloppy about nutrition and portion size. Broke out the containers yesterday. I'll try to stick to this for a little while and then relax a bit on the measuring, recording etc., and just be sure to cut out the processed crap and be mindful of portion size.

abake's Training Log

October 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals