My drivers license expires on Friday and today is really the best day this week to go get it renewed. I've pulled together all the documents needed to get the RealID license (Illinois is one of the last states to makes this a requirement for flying) but keep hearing horror stories about people trying to get this. We shall see. Worst case if I don't have all the documents needed, I can just get a regular license and use my passport to fly.

Steve's 4 y.o. grandson spent the night with us. He's a LOT more energetic than either of his sisters and much louder, but I will say that he went to bed pretty well and didn't get up during the night.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 45m

Yoga on the patio at the Y. Kind of breezy but warm enough for an outdoor class, and the rain held off. Class itself was kind of meh --- more lying on our backs moving legs around than asanas. It felt like a stretching class more than yoga. But it's all good.

Going in the office to work today. If the weather is nice, I might slip out for the outdoor yoga at the Y.

Not really a vent but noticed a girl I know from the biking club who dabbles in running posted a pic of herself on Facebook holding what appeared to be a Kona Ironman finishers medal and stating that she was "an Ironman". I guess there was a virtual Ironman where you had 7 days to finish and you would receive the medal, a shirt, etc. Pretty sure I disagree that she's an Ironman but I wasn't going to tackle that argument on social media. I'm also pretty sure no one paid close to $1000 to participate in the virtual IM.

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 27.00 miles
  • 13.50 Mi/hr

Super easy ride on the Madison County Trails -- mixed group of riders. One lady brought a hybrid (she is the wife of one of Steve's roadie friends) and was very obviously stressed about being in a group with all the spandexy riders. Suspect her husband got a few choice words once they headed home.

Headed down to Edwardsville today to ride the MCT trails

Bike
  • 3h 38m
  • 48.30 miles
  • 13.29 Mi/hr

Another really nice gravel ride

Today's ride was another one of those rides that I'll remember fondly for a long time --- great people (8 riders), beautiful roads with just enough climbing to make things memorable, and then a good meal afterwards.
Here is me and Lisa on Rattlesnake Hollow Road. There was a big fun downhill back in the woods, and then the road opened up in a creek bottom. We saw no rattlesnakes.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 25m

Yoga with Adrianne

Job is pretty busy with a couple of deadlines, one of which goes out today. I'm working with a few people I've not worked with in the past so we're all in learning curve mode. It does make the day go by quickly.

Planning a gravel ride in a different area for Saturday --- we're starting from a restaurant on the Illinois River (got permission to park there) and heading southeast toward the town of Winchester. I found some roads with interesting names that we HAVE to ride on -- Apple Pie Ridge and Rattlesnake Hollow Road.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Zwift Academy - race

Strength
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 Alpha Phase - Lower Body Focus
Getting better at this one, did not have to modify much

Bike
  • 1h 59m
  • 29.00 miles
  • 14.62 Mi/hr

rode the Haugh Loop with Steve.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m
Work was pretty busy and I needed serious computer power so spent most of the day in the office. In the evening we went to the new brewery with the Wednesday night riding group for dinner. There's some inner drama in that group of people that's very subtle. I'm not in the loop on all of the details but it's between two of the guys and makes being around them tense.

abake's Training Log

October 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals