Had Steve's family over on Saturday and today we go to my sister's for yet another family get together. I have to say I'm a bit "familied out" but it's good to see everyone.

Hopefully this afternoon I can get a bike ride in.
Bike
  • 1h 31m
  • 21.00 miles
  • -----
Steve's aunt missed her connection from Dallas to Springfield and ended up not getting here until around 9. By then of course, the car rental place was closed, so Steve went and picked her up at the airport. Air travel is such a PITA.

Bike
  • 57m
  • 17.00 miles
  • 17.89 Mi/hr

Zwift Group Ride

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha - Cardio
Modified it and felt pretty good today

We had dinner last night with some new neighbors. Steve knows the husband through bike riding. They are a very sweet couple and I could see us getting together with them. We were just commenting that we don't know too many of our neighbors other than to say hi. it does seem like most of the people in our neighborhood are younger couples with small children, so the demographic is definitely different.

I signed up for Zwift Academy again this year in hopes of jumpstarting my biking mojo. It's getting cold and windy and rainy and the thought of piling on the clothing is unappealing.

Steve's Aunt who lives in Texas is arriving later today for a visit and will be staying for a couple of days.

Tried to watch the debate last night and had to change the channel after 20 minutes. What a sh*t show.
Working in the office today and have lunch at Mom's. And it's starting to look like Zwift weather, with some wind and possible rain.
Strength
  • 30m

21 Day Fix - Total Body Core
Not really sure why I picked this workout other than I like working with the bands.

Sport
  • HIIT
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha Phase - Total Body Circuit
Modified all of the jumping and twisting moves. Still a challenging workout.

It finally cooled off and rain moved in during the night. When we walked this morning, it really felt like fall. I'm really ready for a change in the hot weather.

Outdoor yoga was cancelled this morning --- too wet and windy. Boo...

Went to Scheels this afternoon and got some proper cross training shoes --- ended up with Nike Metcons, which I guess are a favorite in the Crossfit world. I'd been wearing my running shoes for my BOD workouts and wonder if that's part of my problem. I was annoyed with the high price tag but then remembered that I used to spend that much on running shoes, so it's all relative.

abake's Training Log

October 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals