Bike
  • 1h 09m
  • 7.30 miles
  • 6.35 Mi/hr

Litchfield MTB trails

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

Another free step aerobic video --- this was a Jenny Ford video. Great workout but production quality of the video itself was kind of lacking, so I had trouble hearing the cues. You get what you pay for, I suppose....

Took the afternoon off and drove down to Lake Lou Yaeger to meet some mtb friends who showed us around the newish trail system. The mtb club down that way has done an absolutely amazing job with the forested land around the lake. Mostly intermediate level with just enough tricky stuff to keep you on your toes.

We ate outdoors at the Creek --- probably the last time this year it will be warm enough in this area for this. And we were kind of pushing it, as there was a bit of a breeze. The restaurant seemed to be doing a good curbside business so I was glad to see that.

Later in the evening I had a strange pain in the right ankle --- no swelling that I could find, but it was excruciating to the touch. It came on very suddenly and lasted for several hours. I tried heat and some Icy Hot, but ultimately the only thing that worked was to hobble around the house for about half an hour, working the joint. I'm guessing it was some kind of nerve impingement but I'm not a medical person.

Bike
  • 1h 25m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 8.47 Mi/hr

Lake trails with Steve. Trails in perfect shape. Rode well and got a QOM on one section.

Strength
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 Beta - Ab Intervals

Feeling much better today. Work was pretty crazy but I got done what needed to get done. our family has been going back and forth about Thanksgiving --- my brother said they are 99% sure they won't host this year but needs my SIL to confirm this. I'm fine with doing our own thing, just need to know.

Steve's sister cancelled her Thanksgiving last week (we always hit that in the evening). She and her husband are both smokers and her husband is not in good health. Her daughter came home and announced that she has lost her sense of smell and taste. Ugh...

Felt a little off all day. No temperature, just had kind of an upset stomach. By evening it was pretty much completely better. I laid low most of the day and worked from home. Some deadlines are piling up, with projects coming to a close and managers needing last tweaks to presentations, exhibits, etc. Of course this all hits at once...ugh, I will most definitely not miss this.

I called the vet for referrals to a pet sitter for January. Usually my daughter comes out and takes care of the cats/house, etc. but we'll be gone for a month and hate to task her with that much driving back and forth in winter. Was given the name of a popular pet sitter in the area, and after messaging her, learned that she would be available in January. I'm hoping to get a chance to meet her in the next week or so to see if she's a good fit with the cats. She is a vet tech which gives me great comfort, and her rates are very reasonable.
Sport
  • HIIT
  • 20m

Shaun T 20 - Strength
Odd class with a mix of step and strength

Went in to the office today, learned that one of my coworkers tested positive for Covid and is working from home. He has very mild symptoms and thought he had a cold initially but decided to get tested on a hunch.

Spent much of the day cleaning up network drives. I had a bunch of pictures and some personal documents on my computer's C drive and moved all that to Google drive. Have been going through things updating my email wherever I used my work email. IT tells me they let retirees keep their company email for a long time and give plenty of notice before the account is closed but I'd just as soon get things cleaned up now.

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 17.14 Mi/hr

Zwift group ride

Strength
  • 30m

21 Day Fix Extreme - Dirty 30

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 45m

Gin Miller - Step Intervals

There's supposed to be a gravel ride today out at Petersburg. I look forward to this every year and will have to miss it --- the wind is sustained at 27 mph for most of the day and it's been raining off and on. The ride will be a muddy, windy mess. Zwift would seem to be the logical option.
So that's a wrap for 2020 as far as organized rides and racing. It's been a strange and sometimes sad year for endurance events, with cancellations and deferrals. Two of the big gravel events --- Land Run and the Dirty Kanza --- underwent major identity transformations and changed their names to appease some "woke" special interest groups. I'm glad I rode in those events when I did.
I did see that there's a new gravel ride next year in Indiana, in the Terre Haute area. It's in covered bridge country and we've been wanting to get over there a ride for a while. That event will definitely be on my calendar.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m
The weather turned to crap today, with high winds and lots of rain. I even heard thunder at one point. I went to the office briefly and packed up most of my personal items from my desk. I still have to bring home my big Christmas cactus, but that can wait. How does one accumulate so many coffee mugs? There's also an abundance of tea cups with the strainers. I put it all in the dishwasher and will decide what to keep later.

Good Willed some stuff at home as well. It feels great to declutter.

Bike
  • 1h 58m
  • 13.44 miles
  • 6.83 Mi/hr

Comlara Park

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 25m

Good old fasioned step class -- found a video on Amazon Prime

Tried out a step aerobics class today using a video from Amazon Prime. I was drenched by the end and it was just a half hour class. I'm not sure why step classes are no longer in favor (safety maybe?) but it was a heckuva workout.

Took the afternoon off and Steve and I drove up to Bloomington and rode the mtbs around Evergreen Lake. There's a fantastic singletrack system there but it's kind of confusing if you don't go with a local. I found a GPS track on RideWithGPS that followed a trail all the way around the lake and dipped into the singletrack a bit. The GPS route was kind of wonky and we had to do some out and back experimentation a few times, but we made it around the lake. Clipped a handlebar on a tree going through a twisty section and took a mild spill but I was going pretty slowly so no harm done. We saw a bunch of deer. Toward the end, the route took us on a stretch of singletrack that appeared to not get much use -- it was hard to find the trail with all the leaf cover. It was getting late in the day and the sun was dipping in the west. In my mind I knew we weren't really far from the road but I was still having some anxiety about getting caught out in the woods after dark with no lights.

Legs were fried after that big ride. Had a big hot tub session that helped with recovery.

abake's Training Log

November 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals