Strength
  • 30m

21 Day Fix Extreme - Cardio
I'm calling this a strength workout as it was really a plyometrics class that incorporated weights.

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

Jenny Ford Step Across America - "Utah"
Good workout, I have two left feet but am finding that doing these workouts 2x in a row before moving on is helpful

Registration for the Dirty South Roubaix opened at 8 am on Sunday and Steve, myself, Brenda, Barb and Lane all got in. It's an early March event in southern Illinois, so weather can be iffy, but I think we're all pumped that there's something to sign up for.

My SIL Michelle (brother's wife here in Springfield) forwarded me a text from SIL Lisa (married to my brother in St. Louis) yesterday. I had asked Michelle if she knew how Lisa was doing with Covid, as my brother doesn't really say much about his home life. Sounds like Lisa has pretty much not left their home since this all started except for very quick grocery store runs and is absolutely terrified that she will get the virus. She probably falls into the at risk group, as she is obese and has myriad health issues. I'm guessing we won't be seeing them for quite some time. Ugh, go away Covid...

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 9.50 miles
  • 7.12 Mi/hr

Laps at the Lewis Trails. Got a couple of QOMs on Strava today, had a minor spill on a log pile

Strength
  • 30m

21 Day Fix Extreme - Lower Body
Bumped up the weights today, this is week 2 of this program

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - "Utah"
Couple of new moves in this one. Was drenched and blotchy at the end

Feeling a little stiff and sore today. I might be spending some time in the hot tub later. No real plan for today although I would like to get a mountain bike ride in and maybe get some of the Christmas decorations up. We put the tree up last week. Pretty easy when the tree is only 4 feet tall and already decorated!

Bike
  • 1h 22m
  • 8.35 miles
  • 6.11 Mi/hr

rode the mtb trails at Litchfield with Steve, Joe and Brenda. The trails were in great shape but there were a couple of slick spots from rain earlier this week. Joe had a bad wreck when his front wheel went down in a little depression and he did a complete endo. He was just laying there and we were sure he'd broken something, but he slowly started moving and turned out to be ok

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

Jenny Ford - Step Across American - "Arizona"
This is the 6th video in a series. I am loving these because each video builds upon the last

The grandkids/dog went home yesterday afternoon and suddenly the house was quiet again. Ahhh...
In my family, there are 4 siblings, 3 spouses, 7 grandchildren and my mom. When the grandkids were small we (siblings) just bought for them and drew names amongst each other for Christmas gifts. Somehow over the years we got away from that and started just buying gifts for freaking everyone. I think my sister started that one year and the rest of us followed suit. And my poor mom felt like she needed to get something for everyone. It's been overwhelming and unnecessary, and this year we are going back to the name drawing. The difference is that all the grandkids are grown up now and can participate in the name drawing. I'm happy as can be that we are simplifying things and can relax a bit during the holiday season instead of going nuts trying to cover a gift for everyone.

Steve and I are headed down to Litchfield this afternoon to ride the mtb trails again. Looking forward to that!

Thanksgiving was ok -- we went to my brother's place here in town and it was a very small group this year. We wore masks except while eating, which was a bit awkward but I suppose that's what we are supposed to be doing.

Steve's daughter and her family came over after dinner and spent the night. They bring their cute little dog when they visit and it's a pain because he barks at the cats CONSTANTLY. And the cats stress because they don't like the grandkids. I have a system where the basement is baby-gated off and thus the cats have a safe space with their food and litter box, but the dog stands at the top of the steps and barks. And barks. And barks. Once the grandkids get up the noise level skyrockets. I love the visits but don't love the noise.

Bike
  • 50m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Zwift

Strength
  • 30m

21 Day Fix Extreme Dirty 30

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

Jenny Ford Step Aerobics - Step ACross America, Volume 6

Happy Thanksgiving to all my BT friends.

Strength
  • 30m

21 Day Fix Extreme - Lower Fix

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

Jenny Ford Step

Bike
  • 45m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 20.00 Mi/hr

Zwifting

Sport #1
  • Aerobics
  • 45m

Jenny Ford Step Across America
Cheesy but good

Sport #2
  • Pilates
  • 30m

21 Day Fix Extreme Pilates
Enjoyed the class much more this time --- not sure what my deal was last time I tried this class

Worked in the office in the morning, then at home. Stopped at Kohl's on the way home and wandered around the store a bit, not really finding anything. The store had a kind of empty feel to it.
Our YMCA just built a new facility in the downtown area to replace the rundown original building they've been operating out of since (I think) the 1950s. I used to go to the downtown facility but then switched over to the new west side facility (we have 2 Y locations) when that was built, about 8 years ago. The west side facility is beautiful and has a competition pool. But now it looks like the new downtown place is the hot location, and I received an email that both locations are going to drastically reduce their hours starting next week, and the west side location will be closed on Saturday. The email also asked members to be patient and not drop their memberships during COVID. Also, all group classes have been suspended. Again. Locker rooms are closed. Again.
This back and forth with COVID is exhausting and the rules keep changing. Illinois is just a few steps from a stay at home order. In some respects, that would be easier than this pseudo-open state of things.

abake's Training Log

November 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals