Merry Christmas to my BT friends!
Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Zwift

Kind of a low key Christmas Eve. I did some food prep and had one last gift to wrap. Tried to track a gift that is lost in USPS limbo --- it may be here by New Years but that's anyone's guess.

We went to Steve's sister's for dinner. It was a very small group and we've all been around each other from the start.

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

Another Jenny Ford step video -- I kind of stunk at this one, it was a bit more of an advanced workout and the cues did not make sense to me in some sections.

Tossed and turned much of the night for no reason other than going over mental checklists as far as work and Christmas preparation.

Still have one Christmas package out floating around in the USPS black hole.

Went in the office and brought home a box of personal stuff from my desk. I'm about ready to make the break!

Bike
  • 2h 20m
  • 28.50 miles
  • 12.21 Mi/hr

Rode with Steve and our friend, Steve S, who is retiring at the same time I am. Really nice day, low 40s with lots of sunshine but wow, that wind from the southeast was brutal. I tucked in behind the guys shamelessly.

Sport
  • Kickboxing
  • 40m

BOD - TurboFire
Fumbled all over with this but I do like Chalean's energy and positive attitude

Sport #1
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

Jenny Ford Step - "Hawaii"

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Yoga with Adrianne

It was a gorgeous day with sunshine and temps in the 50s, but that wind...jeez.

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 7.50 Mi/hr

Another cold mountain bike ride. Only other person out today was a guy running with 3 dogs -- a boxer, a lab mix and a huge shepherd mix that was aggressive and seemed like he wanted to bite. The guy was apologetic and was able to call the dog off but my heart was still pounding

Strength
  • 18m

Morning Meltdown - Total Body Badass
Really nice, short workout

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 45m

Yoga with Adrianne

Kind of a quiet day --- we got out and rode the lake trails again but had to go early to beat the freeze-thaw. I felt kind of clumsy and didn't ride particularly well, but it was still good to get out. Afterwards I hung out in the hot tub for while and let my toes thaw out.

Bike
  • 2h 10m
  • 24.00 miles
  • 11.08 Mi/hr

Met Brenda and Joe at Centennial Park on the gravel bikes. It was 38 degrees and sunny and felt great. Wind was fierce out of the west. I hung shamelessly behind Joe. The return trip was fun with the tailwind

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Beachbody - Pure & Simple Yoga
Meh. Lots and lots of time and variations in plank, so more like an upper body workout than yoga. About 15 minutes in, the music changed to some fast belly-dancing type stuff, which was really distracting.

After riding in the morning, we went over to Hannibal to Steve's granddaughter Eleanor's 7th birthday. Her birthday isn't actually until December 23 but she gets a little shortchanged with having to share her birthday with all the Christmas goings-on. This was also the night for her dance recital, which was held at a big church next door to their house.

As these things do, the recital was a long affair. I think there were 23 different songs and about 6 different groups of kids. The dance teacher made a very nice announcement about how they were glad to be able to perform even though it had not been a good year for this type of thing. Katie had said that most of the classes were held via Zoom. Interestingly, the 3/4 year old kids seemed to have picked up their dance routines very well and there was even a tricky baton twirling number that amazed me.

Most of the the other kids just kind of got up on the stage and shuffled their feet. It was really cute but after nearly 2 hours, it was good to get up and head for home.

abake's Training Log

December 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals