Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

BOD - Yoga for Cyclists

Had my retirement Zoom meeting this morning. Our Director gave a very nice presentation that chronicled how technology and thus my job had changed in the 30 years I was with the company, and then wrapped it up with some very nice slides of me cycling. He had swiped these from Facebook. I really liked that it was light and not overly sentimental. Said my good byes to my coworkers via Zoom, which is not how I'd like to end things with such a great bunch, but Covid has forced these changes on us.

Picked up Olive Garden for lunch and took it to Mom's, and then in the evening met up with some of our cycling friends at one of the few places still offering dine-in. Technically we were on an outdoor patio with some heaters. Had to wear our coats but it wasn't too brutally cold, and it was really, really good to see this group.

Kind of random, but the moment for me that held the most significance today was stopping in the office for the last time to turn off my work PC. With working from home across a VPN, the office PC has to be on.

So a new chapter begins...

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m
Another low key day --- stocked up on cat food at PetsMart. I still think I need to get some more, but that's just me being OCD. The new pet sitter came out this evening and did a practice run. The cats could really care less but at least they know that this stranger can produce food for them.

We have new neighbors at the house next door --- it was the home of an elderly man who passed away a few months ago. Today there was a UHaul box truck and several pickups bringing loads of stuff --- I couldn't really tell who the actual neighbors will be as there were a bunch of people going back and forth. I felt kind of bad for them --- the weather turned to crap this afternoon with wind and a mix of sleety rain.

Was not feeling particularly motivated to do any form of exercise but I did get some yoga in.

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 12.86 Mi/hr

Zwift

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 45m

Gin Miller - Simply Intervals

Could not get connected to work computer over the VPN, so went in the office for about an hour and scrounged up some paper boxes to use for our Florida trip --- figured they would stack nicely in the car and I can label them.

Got a haircut and picked up a prescription at the CVS near the office. It's an old store and kind of junky with narrow cluttered aisles. The pharmacy is always insanely busy and employee turnover is really high. It's funny the stuff going through my head because I realized that I probably won't have any reason to shop at this particular store again. I've been using this store for over 30 years for prescriptions as it's really close to the office but now I need to move things closer to home.

We're trying to use up stuff in our fridge since we'll be gone for a month --- cooked up a turkey breast that had been in the freezer for a couple of weeks and now we have LOT of sliced turkey. Also made mashed potatoes to use up half a bag of potatoes that will just rot if I don't do something with them. It all turned out well but I'm avoiding the scale for a couple of days!

Bike
  • 10m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 9.00 Mi/hr

Litchfield

Sport
  • Kickboxing
  • 30m

TurboFire
I still suck at this but sucked maybe a smigeon less today

We drove down to Litchfield today to ride the trails, but with the freeze-thaw, the trails were too slick and some spots were downright muddy. That area must have had some rain that we didn't get. Anyway, we stopped after a lap on the practice trail and went back into town and had lunch at the Ariston, a historic restaurant on the Route 66 road. This county is still open for indoor dining, unlike where we live, although masking and social distancing are in place. We sat at the counter and had that area to ourselves.

Other than that, not much. I'm starting to pull things together for Florida and staging everything in the master bedroom, which is starting to look pretty cluttered.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Zwift

Sport #1
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

Jenny Ford - Step across America

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 30m
Christmas was very low-key - we had about half the usual crowd and did our saran wrap ball game, which was a huge hit. My sister pulls it together with contributions of small gifts from everyone, and she did a great job.

There was a lot of food but I managed to send most of the leftovers home and today we are back to healthier eating. The plan today is to get the house somewhat put back in order and take down some of our Christmas decorations and get some kind of exercise in.

Merry Christmas to my BT friends!
Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Zwift

Kind of a low key Christmas Eve. I did some food prep and had one last gift to wrap. Tried to track a gift that is lost in USPS limbo --- it may be here by New Years but that's anyone's guess.

We went to Steve's sister's for dinner. It was a very small group and we've all been around each other from the start.

abake's Training Log

December 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals