Sport
  • Yoga
  • 15m
Steve got home from Florida Sunday morning, feeling pretty good about the property management company that he decided to go with. I think they will do a good job for us.

As I had suspected, the stem on the Niner was a bit too long. The fit guy ended up swapping out the 100 mm stem for a 75 mm and if the weather ever breaks, I'll ride it a bit and see how that feels.

My mom's appointment with the ortho surgeon was encouraging. He doesn't want her to jump into surgery right away, as she's in good health, but rather keep a log of how her pain is and see if it's trending higher or lower. He would also do the viscos (sp?) injections first before resorting to surgery. We both really liked the doctor -- he is new to the clinic but not a new doctor and has a very good bedside manner.

On tap for today is some yoga and then I have a bike club board meeting this evening that hopefully won't run too late.

Bike
  • 50m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 14.40 Mi/hr

zwift Wasn't really feeling this ride but got it done

On tap for today, some HIIT/weight work before going to breakfast with some of my tri friends. Steve gets home late morning so it will be good to have him back home. Have an appointment at 1 with the fit guy at the LBS to make a few tweaks to the Niner --- I think I may need a slightly shorter stem.

Other than that, it's cold and icy out and I'm feeling ready for some warmer temps.

Bike
  • 3h 30m
  • 56.70 miles
  • 16.20 Mi/hr

Zwifting --- did 2 different group rides. THere was a pretty big updates to Zwift and there seemed to be quite a few issues following the update. Hope they can it figured out

Kind of a lazy day, other than several hours of trainer riding. Made a pot of chili in the crockpot and let that simmer while I was riding. In the afternoon I went to the grocery store and to Old Navy and found a couple of sweaters on sale, as well as a cute spring-y shirt. Also had an excellent nap.

Steve is out of town - he ended up buying one of the condos in the complex where we stayed in January and flew back to Madeira Beach to attend the closing and meet with the rental agency. It's a very nice condo but will need some updating at some point. The realtor has been amazing and has a friend moving to the area who wants to rent it for 6 months, as is. I told Steve a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush and if he meets this prospective tenant and she seems like a respectable kind of individual, maybe the 6 month lease is the way to go. That gives a steady stream of income that can be plowed back into the condo when she moves out in the fall.

So that's exciting for us. On the home front, my Mom has an appointment this morning with an ortho surgeon to see what's next in her knee replacement journey. I'm taking her and my sister may slide by (my sister is a physician at the hospital) to see what he has to say. I have to say seeing my mom so vulnerable and helpless has been very emotional for me (and I know it's not about me so I'm just keeping quiet about it) -- she's always been in really good health and this is truly the first time that she's needed a lot of help. I'm sure this is just priming the pump for more. The memory of all that Steve's Dad went through in the last few years is still pretty fresh in my mind and I hate to think that this is my Mom's future -- endless doctor visits and trips to the emergency as the body wears out.

Last night I was going to make a healthy stir fry but since I'm batching it this weekend, decided to go full junk food and ordered a Casey's Pizza and ate nearly half of it watching A Dog's Purpose.
Sport
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 20m

2 inches of snow, it's very pretty out

Bike
  • 1h 12m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Zwift

Sport
  • HIIT
  • 20m
It was raining when I drove home last night, and 32 degrees. The roads weren't bad at that time, but it looks like we got some snow last night. Ugh, winter...I don't mind it if I don't have to drive in it.

Bike #1
  • 30m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Zwifting in the early morning

Bike #2
  • 1h 12m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Zwifting

We have a staff meeting this morning followed by another meeting about a Sharepoint site I've been building. Then lunch at Mom's. My training plan calls for 1 1/2 hours of riding today. In my mind, that's too long a ride in the evening, so I'll split it up.

abake's Training Log

February 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals
  • 2020 totals