Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Zwift "Build me up" plan

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

More coughing this morning but my voice seems to have returned. I hate burning PTO but had decided that I would stay home if I still had laryngitis. This cold is kind of strange --- it completely skipped the head congestion stage and went straight to my lungs.

I opted out of the Mississippi gravel race -- with Steve not available (he got his dates mixed up and can't go), the idea of driving 9 hours to a race where I know no one just did not appeal to me. Plus I saw where the Jackson, MS area is getting nasty flooding. Seems like it' best just to take a pass. I was able to sell my race entry through a forum that was set up for transfers, so that's a definite bonus.

Bike
  • 24m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Short zwift session

Laryngitis all day. I can't remember the last time I lost my voice, but it's been quite the adventure. I did go to work since I sit back by myself, but it seemed like I had to talk on the phone quite a bit today. That was hilarious

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.80 miles
  • 17.80 Mi/hr

"Sneaky" workout from Zwift's Build Me Up Plan

6 PM Update
Got on Zwift and told myself I would try 30 minutes and see how things went. Once I broke a sweat, I actually felt fantastic and went ahead and finished the workout. Hoping that was the right thing to do.
I keep losing my voice, other than that feel pretty good.

Got up a couple of times in the night coughing, nothing that getting a drink of water didn't calm down. I may try some light Zwfiting later.

The sore throat thing has escalated and I spent the day Friday lying around. No coughing but just general crappy feeling and nothing tastes good. At least it hit on the weekend when I can get some rest.
Happy Valentines Day, BT!!! I hope it's wonderful for you.

I have the day off and I think originally had thoughts about getting a nice long ride in today. But yeah, it -2 degrees with the wind chill and I'm fighting a cold/sore throat thing, so it's going to be an indoor kind of day. No worries --- will Zwift in the morning, meet my friend Brenda for lunch (assuming the cold doesn't get any worse than it already is), and maybe go to the gym and walk on the treadmill a bit.

My nutrition's been crap this week, need to rein things back in.
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m
The bike club social was fun and had a decent turnout in spite of the weather. It snowed all afternoon and into the evening but the roads seemed ok to travel on. Today may be a different story. I could hear the snowplows through the night and they're out working now (5 a.m.). Getting to work may be tricky

I just realized that I've missed a couple of workouts this week, mostly due to having stuff going on in the evenings and on lunch hour. Should be able to pick up where I left off tonight.

abake's Training Log

February 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • Land Run 100 (Cycle)
    3/14/2020 Stillwater, Oklahoma
  • February's totals