Bike
  • 30m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Short ride on Zwift

Didn't work out last night, had to hit the store on the way home and it was late enough when I got back that the thought of jumping on the trainer just wasn't doing it for me. The roads are finally clear -- Wednesday morning was a nightmare of snow and ice. The plows didn't get out until later than normal, making the commute in a mess. Not sure what was up with that.
Tonight will be a short trainer ride and then I need to pack my stuff -- we're headed for Rocheport MO Friday afternoon.

Feeling pretty recovered (finally!) but legs are pretty trashed from the big riding weekend. I'll try a trainer ride again tonight to see if things go a little easier.

Our area got about an inch of snow last night. It's very beautiful but it can go away anytime.
Bike
  • 15m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

Legs said no, cut my workout short

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 11m

quick little practice to kick off the day

My little brother lives in Creve Coeur, MO. Last night, there was a shooting at the Maryland Heights Community Center at roughly 8:15. Matt had JUST left that place. He is safe but omg, how terrifying. Here's a link to the article, looks like the shooter was taken down:
https://www.kmov.com/news/dead-including-gunman-in-shooting-at-maryland-heights-community-center/article_3d287836-5776-11ea-909a-ffabbfee2ffa.html?fbclid=IwAR01wPY_iHz7AocFKu7dvuql6uxjCprmQhJZU3F4PAZcqnejw7WFNkJJsK8

Had a better night of sleep. Only coughed a little bit right when I lay down, and no waking up at 1:30 a.m. as has been the norm for the last 5 days. I was pretty sleep deprived on Monday and looked and felt like I'd been hit by a truck. And everything at work was getting on my nerves. Today will be a much better day.

Still coughing at night, but not as long. So I'm getting better, it's just taking a while. Today will be a rest day. I feel pretty good about the big riding weekend.
Bike
  • 2h 28m
  • 32.17 miles
  • 13.04 Mi/hr

Easy loop from Rochester with some of STeve's roadie friends. Brenda came along for the ride too.

Bike
  • 3h 25m
  • 40.00 miles
  • 11.71 Mi/hr

Had a really nice ride with Barb and Mike Spann. Not too muddy on the gravel roads. We did have to turn back once when the road was closed due to a bridge being built. If it had been summer, we would have tried wading across the creek but yeah, it's winter, the water is high and moving really fast

AFTERNOON UPDATE
Even though it's still cold, on our ride today it felt a little like the land is "waking up". Lots of birds singing and we saw some deer and turkey moving. The snow and ice are thawing and in some places where the road butts up to the river bluffs, there were little waterfalls spilling down through the forest and across the roads. So yeah, some of the roads were sloppy and soft but I'm sure in another couple of weeks they will be in prime condition.

Steve's last stockholder meeting went well. The company presented him with a really nice framed resolution of his retirement --- they do this for everyone, but it was still very cool to read. Not sure where he will hang it, maybe in his home office.

Headed over to Pittsfield this morning to meet Barb and Mike for some gravel riding. Per Mike, the wind dried things out yesterday so the potential for mud is minimized. I figured out a route that's about half blacktop, half gravel, and no water crossings!

abake's Training Log

February 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals
  • 2020 totals