Bike
  • 3h 53m
  • 44.31 miles
  • 11.41 Mi/hr

Took the day off and went to Pittsfield and rode the Twin Culverts loop. Great bunch with Steve, Barb, Brenda, Joe, Keith, Jack and Chuck. First half of the ride seemed to fly by, then things slowed down as we encountered fresh, thick gravel that was sketchy to ride in. And it got pretty hot.

Kind of light on work right now, but it felt like I was in MS Team meetings much of the day. The program has been working great up until now, and I'm getting a lot of crashes. Have resorted to using my phone. I'm kind of over the virtual meetings but there doesn't seem to be an end in sight, so will have to check with our IT guys to see what the issue is.

Finished up A Little Obsessed yesterday. I really enjoyed the workouts so think I'll go ahead and start the 80 Day Obsession program on Sunday. They advocate a timed eating approach, which I doubt that I'll follow. I'm sure I would get better results if I used it, but it seems kind of cumbersome.
Bike
  • 56m
  • 17.00 miles
  • 18.21 Mi/hr

Took the road bike out and did an out and back to Loami. The new wheels are great!

Strength
  • 30m

A Little Obsessed - Day 5 - Legs

Yesterday around 4 pm the skies got really dark and weather alerts on our phones started buzzing. In true Midwest fashion, we stood on the front porch to do a check. Our street is a straight quarter mile that ends at a cornfield and you can see pretty far to the west. There were some really scary dark clouds over the cornfield moving rapidly in our direction. We scrambled to close the garage door and move some porch furniture, then went down in the basement.

The middle cat, Ollie, was terrified and hid behind the couch in the basement. This is the first time I've ever seen him do this. Poor guy...

Turns out that there were several tornadoes that touched down in the area. Not sure how much damage there was, or if there were any injuries, but I'm thankful we didn't have any problems.

On a brighter note, I had a dentist appointment earlier in the day, and when it came time to make my 6 month appointment, it was kind of fun when the girl asked if morning or afternoon worked better, and I could say it didn't matter since I'd be retired.

Bike
  • 1h 45m
  • 23.00 miles
  • 13.14 Mi/hr

Did my loop to the west with 3 sections of gravel/farm road. Could see rain in the south and with it, a slight headwind for most of the ride. Beat the rain home.

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

A Little Obsessed - Cardio Core
Holy cow this was a workout! Was pretty drenched after 30 minutes

Between the short little swim and the BOD workout yesterday, I'm feeling sore all over. Kind of glad, maybe it means I'll break out of this plateau and start getting some results.

Steve put a downpayment on a hot tub and has been working in the back yard readying the area where it will be installed. We're going with brick-looking pavers rather than a poured concrete pad, so lots of prep work.

Dropped off my road bike yesterday at the LBS to get some upgraded wheels. Since the bike is 10 years old, I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but it is a Pinarello, so went with some very nice Roval alloy wheels with DT Swiss hubs. They were 1500 grams, which was a hair lighter than some of the carbon wheels I was originally looking at. The bike currently has Mavic Kyserium wheels, and while they aren't bad, the bike feels a little sluggish. This should make a difference in handling and will shave a few ounces off.

Swim
  • 20m
  • 700.00 yards
  • 02m 51s /100 yards

4 x 100
4 x 50
4 x 25

Strength
  • 30m

A Little Obsessed - AAA

Not much to report --- glad that it should be a relatively quiet week on the work front

Bike
  • 2h 30m
  • 34.00 miles
  • 13.60 Mi/hr

Rode with Brenda, did the loop to Salisbury and then went up the bike path and rode two laps on the singletrack. Another hot day

Strength

A Little Obsessed - Day 2 - Booty

Bike
  • 3h 30m
  • 45.00 miles
  • 12.86 Mi/hr

Hotter than hot ride with Steve, Joe, Brenda, Barb and Mike.

Today's ride in the heat and high humidity really took it out of me.

abake's Training Log

July 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals