Bike
  • 2h 51m
  • 29.26 miles
  • 10.27 Mi/hr

Rode up to the west summit of Rabbit Ears Pass. Climbed to 9,500 feet. I think this is a 5 mile climb at average grade of 7%. Wasn't entirely sure I could pull this off but kept at it. The downhill was totally worth it

Went over to the Botanical Gardens, about half a mile from the Hampton, and did their yoga class. Really good class in a beautiful setting.

In the afternoon Steve and I hiked some of the trails on Emerald Mountain. Evening was dinner at a nice Italian place and then s'mores at Barb's place.
Bike
  • 4h 27m
  • 51.80 miles
  • 11.64 Mi/hr

Rode out to Stagecoach Lake and around on the dirt/rocky service road up to the top of the dam. Had fun riding back down. Had a thunderstorm brewing right on our tails on the way back and had to stop and take shelter briefly when a strong wind swept through, nearly blowing us off the road. Not a good day for deeper wheels!

Today is a gravel ride on part of the cancelled-for-2020 Tour De Steamboat Gravel Loop, we'll head up to Stagecoach Lake and ride around there for a bit.

Today was breakfast at The Egg (delicious), then a hike on the easy trail at Emerald Mountain. In the afternoon all four of us tubed on the Yampa River. The water is very low but there were still some fun spots with mini-whitewater sections. We all agree that today would be a bit of a rest day.
Bike
  • 5h 32m
  • 62.00 miles
  • 11.20 Mi/hr

Took the road bikes out and rode up to Steamboat Lake. There's a steep (10%) 2.5 mile climb up to the lake, had to walk part of it. Coming back down was a blast.

Today was a road bike ride, lunch at the store in Clark, CO, then dinner at Barb's condo where we worked on finishing up the leftovers from Saturday. Feeling pretty well acclimated now but I keep having to remind myself to drink more water.

Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 36.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

Did the SBT Green Gravel Loop. About 1900 feet of climbing, with a sketchy downhill on Cow Creek Road. Kept it easy since my HR was climbing on the hills.

Did a gravel ride this morning which turned out to be a really nice route. We had ridden this last year but the roads were in better shape this year. Bluebird skies and low humidity made for perfect riding conditions. I'm not yet acclimated to the altitude and could feel my HR rising quite a bit on some of the climbs, but it's getting better.

In the afternoon Steve and I hung out at the pool and basically did nothing. We're trying out a restaurant tonight and will do a road ride tomorrow up to Steamboat Lake.

abake's Training Log

August 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals