Bike
  • 3h 14m
  • 45.50 miles
  • 14.07 Mi/hr

Rode to Wavely, got a piece of breakfast pizza at the Casey's, rode home. Beautiful day for a ride

Steve and I went out for dinner last night to celebrate my 30 year anniversary at Crawford, Murphy & Tilly. Like the saying goes, the days are short and the years are long. I vividly recall my first day there, most everything else is a bit of a blur. Normally this milestone would be celebrated by a lunch with my boss, but thanks to Covid, there'll be no such thing.

Yesterday's longish ride was a good one -- cloudy and overcast and not nearly as stifling hot as it has been. It almost felt like fall --- here and there you could smell woodsmoke and the tall grass on the side of the road is browning up. This must be the year for wild chicory (a light blue flower), I don't recall ever seeing so much of it, and it's very pretty. And lots of wild bee balm. Are people planting this or is it natural? Either way, I love to see all the wild flowers.

Woke up in the night with a wicked charlie horse in my right calf. Been a while since I had one of those. Guessing the combination of 80DO and long ride brought that on.

Bike
  • 4h 34m
  • 54.00 miles
  • 11.82 Mi/hr

Long ride on the gravel bikes

Strength
  • 31m

80DO - Day 6 - Cardio Flow
OMG!!! I was drenched after this workout --- very unique and went by quickly
inchworms
spider push up
flamingo (this is the same as the “good morning” from leg day, despite the cute animal name)
diamond squat jumps (not sure why these didn’t get an animal name!)
duck walk (another reappearance from earlier in the week)
gorilla
bear
kick throughs (in plank, kick one leg to the opposite side and twist to meet it – again, no animal name for this one, oddly)
crabs
mule to frog

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Raining out, so Zwifted

Strength
  • 46m

80DO - Day 5 - Legs

Work is picking up (of course, we're going into the weekend) and I had another Teams meeting where Teams crashed my computer. Spent some time on the phone with IT afterwards and may have resolved it. Tortured Steve with some "test" Team meetings and it seemed to work ok.

Strength
  • 49m

80DO - Day 4 - AAA

Ended up working a bit late on a project yesterday and then had some trouble sleeping through the night. I may push the 80DO workout to after lunch and see how that goes. With working from home, there's not a pressing reason to get workouts done in the early morning, other than it's a good way to start the day.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 6.00 Mi/hr

EZ laps on the singletrack

Strength
  • 49m

80 Day Obsession - Day 3 - Cardio Core
Had to do the modifier for many of the moves

Did two rides on Tuesday -- an easy morning ride on the gravel bike and then a "B" ride in the evening on the road bike. The B ride's leader stepped down suddenly, citing work issues that made it difficult to get to the ride, although I noticed on Strava that she got a ride in. Guessing burnout was a big part of her decision.

I would call it more of a "C" ride -- there were about 10 riders and I knew about half of the group. Lots of injured runners who are trying to ride more while rehabbing injuries. I talked to one lady for a while before the ride started. She said the group mostly just sticks to 2 routes. I was good with the route because it allowed me to peel off toward the end and ride home.

Not a bad ride and there was even a little sprint toward the end, so I'll keep this ride in mind.

We're leaving for Steamboat Springs on Friday the 8th. Originally this was for the SBT Gravel race, so we were just planning to be there 3 days, but since the race has been cancelled, decided to extend it to a week long bike cation. The condo we rented would have been fine for 3 days, but for a week, it's probably too small and the complex does not have a pool. Also, no laundry faciliites in the condo. That's a dealbreaker. We're on the hunt for a different place.

Bike #1
  • 1h 36m
  • 25.14 miles
  • 15.71 Mi/hr

Met up with the Tuesday night B group. probably more of a C group but we did have a fun, fast sprint on one leg of the route. Very mixed group

Bike #2
  • 1h 40m
  • 24.00 miles
  • 14.40 Mi/hr
Strength
  • 1h 00m

80DO - Day 2 - Booty
All band work -- will be feeling this tomorrow

Looks like Garmin Connect is slowly coming back to life. What a fiasco for Garmin. I've been manually uploading workouts to Strava and bypassing Connect altogether, and it really hasn't been much of a problem.

The rains yesterday cooled things off and this morning it feels like fall. I'll need to make a point of getting outdoors today.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

80 Day Obsession - Day 1
Lots of band work -- seems like a good overall workout although I caught myself checking the clock a few times.

Kind of a quiet, rainy day. I need to get on the trainer and get some miles in, but have to say that kicking back and watching some tv sounds more appealing.

BeeBee's regular vet (the one who makes house calls) was exposed to someone with Covid and is waiting to hear back on her test results --- she was very apologetic for not being able to help. I was able to get BeeBee in at a local clinic, where we've been a time or two. BeeBee has one of those resorbed teeth --- the vet said that the tooth itself is actually gone and there was an abscess. They will need to go in and make sure there aren't any root shards left, but first need to clear up the infection. It's very risky since BeeBee is 16 and has all sorts of health issues that make general anesthesia a bad deal for her, but even riskier to just not treat it. Anyway, she got the super duper antibiotic shot so that should kick in quickly.

abake's Training Log

August 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals