Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 17.42 Mi/hr

Zwift - Build Me Up Training Plan - Workout 2

Strength
  • 51m

80DO - Day 19 - Legs

Friday! I need to go in the office today to work, then tonight we will have Steve's grandkids for a last-sleepover-before-school-starts.

Decided to do the Zwift Build Me Up Training Plan -- the workouts aren't too long and there's quite a bit of variety.

Bike #1
  • 1h 16m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 16.58 Mi/hr

Steve and I took the road bikes around the bike path and back home. Beautiful morning, feels like fall

Bike #2
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Zwift

Strength
  • 55m

80DO - Day 18 - AAA

Should be another quiet day workwise. I made a reservation for a lap lane over my lunch hour and need to make myself go.

Afternoon Update -- Blew off the swim. Was feeling kind of lazy and didn't have the initiative to get in the car and drive into town.

Bike
  • 55m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 13.09 Mi/hr

Short little ride to start the day

Strength
  • 36m

80DO - Day 17 - Cardio Core

Should be a fairly quiet day today. Not much going on at work other than some housekeeping tasks.

I picked Latte up from the vet around 4:30 yesterday --- I knew he had at least one bad tooth. They ended up pulling 3 teeth. He was pretty out of it most of the evening from the pain killers and the anesthesia but this morning he's acting fairly normally.

Thinking it might be good to get back on some kind of training schedule -- I've pretty much just been doing EZ rides and while they are very enjoyable, I think some interval work would go a long way toward being a better rider. Maybe something on Zwift...

Strength
  • 55m

80D0 - Day 16 - Booty

Last night I went to the visitation for Ali's husband with coworker Chris. It was in a town about 45 minutes away so we carpooled. The rest of my department was there as well, and it was emotional in the sense that most of us had not seen each other except on the screen since Covid started. Ali (my boss) was holding up well considering everything but it was heartbreaking to see the pictures in the funeral home of their young family.

Turns out that Ryan (boss's husband) was driving home after visiting a friend and swerved to avoid something in the road, probably an animal. The accident is still under investigation. He went off the road and struck a telephone pole, but was ok and got out of the car, probably to check damage. He did so not realizing that the power lines had fallen and was electrocuted. It's such a freak accident.

Today will be dropping Latte off at vet's for a dental cleaning, then going in the office for a couple of hours to work. I'm hoping to squeeze a bike ride in at some point.

Strength
  • 1h 30m

80DO - Day 13 - Cardio Flow - 30 minutes
80DO - Day 15 - Total Body Core - 60 minutes

Back to the grind --- I weighed myself this morning and am just up about half a pound after all the big eating on vacation. I call that a bit of a win. There's quite a bit of laundry and unpacking to be done, but I'll work from home and take breaks to get that checked off.

My boss's husband was in an auto accident last Thursday and tragically did not survive. He was 36. They have 2 small children (7 and 2). HIs visitation is this evening and I'll meet my coworkers at the funeral home. I cannot imagine the grief Ali is going through right now.

We left Steamboat Springs early Saturday morning and drove most of the day, spending the night in St. Joseph, MO. Vacation was wonderful but once on the road, I was ready to get home.

We used Steve's niece, Amy, as our pet sitter while gone since we really wanted someone to stay in the house. My daughter is great for short trips but 9 days was a different animal. I was going to write a long rant about all the shit that Amy did or did not do, in spite of our instructions and an easy-to-follow checklist, but I'll just let it go and suffice to say that the cats are ok but we wont' be using Amy for pet/house sitting in the future.

abake's Training Log

August 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals