Bike
  • 4h 37m
  • 60.70 miles
  • 13.15 Mi/hr

Long gravel and back road ride

Heading out to Jim Edgar Panther Creek State Park for a group gravel ride, we're headed west toward the town of Virginia and exploring some new roads. There are a couple of very old (circa 1830) churches out that way that are still in use and I'd like to take some pics.

Then tonight we have reservations at Coopers Hawk (sitting outdoors). Hopefully the cooldown that is predicted really happens.

Bike
  • 1h 32m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 13.70 Mi/hr

Easy spin on the gravel bike

Strength
  • 48m

80DO Day 25 - Legs

Steve's DD and her family spent much of Thursday with us --- their a/c (heat pump) went belly up on Wednesday and it looks like parts won't be available for several weeks, thanks to Covid. They managed to borrow a couple of window units for the duration.

Big fun stuff today --- our hot tub will be delivered this morning! We had a landscape company build a patio (stone pavers) in the back yard and they finished up yesterday. It looks so nice that I almost don't like the idea of covering much of it up with a hot tub.

In the process of building a walkway to the new patio, most of the landscaping along that part of the house was sacrificed. I can't say I'm sad, it was a lot of day lilies and purple salvia which had all gotten very sparse and scraggly and needed to be divided up. The landscapers saved me from having to do that. Thinking we'll just put some kind of shrub in there with a ground cover.

Strength
  • 48m

80DO - Day 24 - AAA

Found a gravel race that's taking place in Sumner, Missouri, which is about a 3 hour drive. It's on the same day as the now-cancelled Little Sugar, which we were signed up to ride. It looks like a good event and gives me something to train for.

Today will be 80DO, maybe some yoga and most likely more Zwifting. It's still supposed to be crazy hot and humid here --- I'm really ready for some fall temps.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr
Strength
  • 35m

80DO - Day 23 - Cardio Flow
This one is sneaky, it always seems pretty do-able at first but by the end I was drenched with sweat

It's officially too hot (for me at least) to be doing any outdoor activities. Heat index has been over 100 since Sunday and probably will stay there until at least Thursday. Ugh...

Bike
  • 55m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 17.45 Mi/hr

Zwifting

Strength
  • 53m

80DO - Day 22 - Booty

Got the email yesterday that our last event of 2020, the Big Sugar Gravel Race in Bentonville, Arksas, will not take place this year. We've got the option to defer or get a refund. Need to see what Steve wants to do. My friend Brenda is inclined to defer until 2022, which is an option. It's a Lifetime Fitness event, so they do have their gym memberships to sustain them, but I have to wonder what kind of an impact all of these cancellations will have on that company and if the race will even happen in 2022.

Strength
  • 57m

80DO - Day 21 - Total Body Core

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m
Slept like crap last night for no apparent reason, so I'm glad today is a light day with nowhere I need to be other than work-from-home. There will likely be a nap in there at some point.

Bike
  • 3h 22m
  • 45.00 miles
  • 13.37 Mi/hr
We spent the day at the water park with the grandkids --- they are only selling passes until it hits 50% so not crowded. The water was very cold initially but it warmed up and by the time we left (around 3), it was almost like bathwater. These kids go back to school next week (Hannibal, Missouri). It sounds like other than having to wear masks, things will be pretty much normal.

I question how the whole mask thing for kids will go. The 4 yo lost his mask within 30 minutes (we had a spare) of leaving the house. I don't envy parents and educators with the challenges they are facing this year.

We are meeting Katie in Jacksonville (halfway point) to drop off kids, then Steve and I plan to do a little riding around that area.

abake's Training Log

August 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals