Bike
  • 3h 15m
  • 32.00 miles
  • 9.85 Mi/hr

Loop 3 of Tour of Hermann. Tougher than I remembered. 6 designated climbs. Walked one of the climbs.

Bike
  • 4h 50m
  • 52.00 miles
  • 10.76 Mi/hr

Loop 5 - Tour of Hermann
Had not ridden this loop in the past. About 3600 feet of climbing with 5 designated climbs. Very pretty area

Strength
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha - Lower Focus

Working half a day and then Steve and I are headed down to Hermann, Missouri, for the weekend. There's a group of about 10 who are all going. Since the Tour of Hermann in May was cancelled, one of our friends (also named Steve) decided we should just do our own Tour. He got race bibs printed and I think is even having some fun awards. I'm really glad we're doing this. Hermann is a gorgeous German settlement along the Missouri River and it's wine country, so the routes are crazy hilly.

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha - Cardio
Getting a little easier, still modifying during the burnout round

We're getting our front yard completely scraped down to the dirt and replanted by a local company, and then also having an irrigation system put in. Between a blight that killed off big patches of the grass and some pervasive weeds that have proven impossible to eradicate, it's just easier to tear it all out and start from scratch. The workers have been here a couple of times this week and now the front yard is nothing but dirt. It looks really, really bad, and I'm glad there's a sign from the irrigation contractor featured prominently out front so that people (nosy neighbors) know that this is temporary.

AFTERNOON UPDATE --- IN THE STRANGE AND GROSS CATEGORY
Worked in the office today and brought my lunch. There are a couple of refrigerators in the break room for employees' use. I put my lunch in one and noticed that there was a half empty gallon of milk in the back. It occurred to me that I'd seen this same container for quite some time. Checked the date --- 3/17/20!!!!!!
Removed it very carefully and set it in the trash. It was still semi-liquid with lots of strange looking curdled material sticking to the sides, and part of the container was bowed out.

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 14.52 Mi/hr

Zwift

Sport #1
  • HIIT
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha - Speed 1.0

Parts of this were easier this time around, had to modify on the "burnout" round

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 45m

Outdoor yoga at the Y -- loved it. Cool morning but with the sunshine and radiant heat from the plaza, it was very comfortable

Bike
  • 1h 58m
  • 28.90 miles
  • 14.69 Mi/hr

Haugh Road loop

Sport
  • HIIT
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha Phase - total Body Circuit

We had a bike club board meeting last night that lasted close to 2 hours. The president stated up front that he wanted to keep the meeting to no more than an hour, but I feel like the agenda was pretty ambitious and there are too many slow talkers on the board. Anyway, a few items were tabled for the next meeting.

It's really starting to feel like fall. With the colder nights, the house is feeling cooler in the morning. I love it and hope it stays like this for a while.

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 25m

Shaun T Focu 25 - Cardio
Decided I would do 12 reps of each move before resorting to doing the modifier.

abake's Training Log

September 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals