Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 14.00 Mi/hr

EZ ride on the gravel bike. The farmers are out in full force harvesting corn and it smells like fall.

I need to go to the office this morning for a meeting. I'm looking forward to seeing some "real" people. The manager on this project is old school and isn't comfortable using Teams, Zoom, etc.

Sport
  • HIIT
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha - Lower Body Focus
Was able to do entire workout without modifiers --- this one has some intervals but also more rest, as there are a lot of squats, lunges, etc.

No workouts today, giving my legs a bit of a rest. After the big riding weekend, I'm thinking that some mountain biking sounds like a nice change of pace.
Sport
  • HIIT
  • 15m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha - Full Body
Did most of the workout, feeling pretty beat up from riding

We got home Sunday evening and unloaded the van but have a fair amount of unpacking to do. The unofficial tour was a resounding success -- there were 12 riders total. Friday evening we ordered pizza and hung out on the back porch of our BNB. The owner of the BNB brought out a bottle of apple cider whiskey and shared it with anyone who chose to partake. I had a sip but am not a whiskey drinker so chose (probably wisely) not to have a shot.

The weather was perfect for riding. We're talking about maybe making this an annual thing. The official ride is typically in early May and with that comes uncertain weather. September seems like a better time.

Bike
  • 3h 15m
  • 32.00 miles
  • 9.85 Mi/hr

Loop 3 of Tour of Hermann. Tougher than I remembered. 6 designated climbs. Walked one of the climbs.

Bike
  • 4h 50m
  • 52.00 miles
  • 10.76 Mi/hr

Loop 5 - Tour of Hermann
Had not ridden this loop in the past. About 3600 feet of climbing with 5 designated climbs. Very pretty area

Strength
  • 25m

Shaun T Focus 25 - Alpha - Lower Focus

Working half a day and then Steve and I are headed down to Hermann, Missouri, for the weekend. There's a group of about 10 who are all going. Since the Tour of Hermann in May was cancelled, one of our friends (also named Steve) decided we should just do our own Tour. He got race bibs printed and I think is even having some fun awards. I'm really glad we're doing this. Hermann is a gorgeous German settlement along the Missouri River and it's wine country, so the routes are crazy hilly.

abake's Training Log

September 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals