Spent most of the day at my sister's, where we made and canned a bunch of salsa. My mom and my brother and his family were also in attendance. It was good to see everyone and enjoy the day.
Bike
  • 4h 39m
  • 52.25 miles
  • 11.24 Mi/hr

Amazing ride in Pike County today! Myself, Steve, Joe and Brenda parked on the square in Pittsfield and took a bunch of new gravel roads that were amazing. Almost no traffic whatsoever and a lot of roads went through forested land, so we had abundant shade. Three creek crossings, two of which were rideable.
Made it to Pleasant Hill, which we actually were calling UNPleasant Hill since there is a huge hill you climb to get into the town. Found the food truck and indulged in some tasty grilled cheese sandwiches.

Headed over to Pittsfield this morning for a gravel ride. There's a food truck that sells only grilled cheese sandwiches (they are amazing) and it will be parked in the town of Pleasant Hill around lunch time, so we are headed over that way.

I am not caring for the results I'm getting with 80 Day Obsession --- building too much muscle and subsequently gaining weight. This has been somewhat of an issue for me with other workouts that use a lot of weights, so I should not be surprised but I kind of am. I'm thinking maybe do 2 or 3 days of 80DO and then cardio-focused workouts the other days. Maybe some ShaunT? No idea!

Legs are super sore and my knees and ankles are kind of creaky. Phase 2 of 80 Day Obsession is proving to be quite the challenge. There seems to be more plyo type stuff and my 58 year old body just doesn't like it.

Taking today off as a complete rest day and going into the office to work. I went from having not much to do to having a lot of projects and I function better in the office when busy.
Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 28.40 miles
  • 14.20 Mi/hr

Tried out a new morning route

Strength
  • 1h 00m

80DO - Day 29 - Total Body Core
So stinking hard. I split this into 2 30 minute sections, doing the first early in the day and the second a couple of hours later.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Yoga with Adrianne

Strength
  • 44m

80DO - Day 28 - Cardio Flow
Ack, so hard!!! Modified some of the moves and skipped the last round of moves using the plates

Woke up really stuffed up this morning. I had signed up for outdoor yoga at the Y but think I need to cancel that and just stay close to home.

I'm the webmaster for our local cycling club and have been working with the president to launch a virtual century that will take place September 12-20. Personally, I'm not a big fan of this trend toward virtual rides but the reception has been positive and we had nearly 20 people sign up in the first hour. I went ahead and signed up. The club is somewhat hurting financially since we had to cancel our main fundraising event due to Covid-19. This might help raise some much needed cash.

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 4.84 Mi/hr

Zwift. Yes, just 5 miles. Was on some hellish course with a steep climb for the entire duration of the workout

Strength
  • 55m

80DO - Day 27 - Booty
First day of Phase 2. This was a lot of the same moves in PHase 1, with the addition of resistance bands on many of the moves. While this was do-able, I definitely felt challenged and was out of breath many times during the workout. Loved it!

It's a shiny new month! Hello September, one of my favorite months since I love fall.

I've been walking in the mornings, using Strava to record, and saw that there's a Walking Challenge on Strava now. You have to walk for 15 hours in the month. I can definitely make that work.

Our trip to Hermann, MO is on the 18th-20 this month and I'm far from being in bike shape for those hills. It's probably not too late to have a climbing heavy block, followed by a recovery week. Hills are hard to come by around here so Zwift may have to suffice for some rides.

I got in our new hot tub yesterday afternoon for the first time and have to say that yes, it is wonderful!

Strength
  • 27m

80DO - Day 26 - Cardio Flow

I'm a day behind on 80 Day Obsession --- it's too much on my legs to try to do long rides AND these workouts on the same day. My legs were sore after Friday's leg workout and I felt it on Saturday. I might have to add more rest days and extend the program past 80 days.

My now-oldest cat, Ollie, who is 13 and somewhat vision impaired, has gotten very clingy since we lost BeeBee. He keeps wandering around the basement crying and wanting me to go down there with him. Since the basement is where BeeBee spent her days, I'm guessing that he's looking for her. It's only been 3 weeks so hopefully this resolves eventually. It's pretty disruptive, as he's a very large and thus, very loud cat.

AFTERNOON UPDATE
Feels like I'm coming down with something. My stomach was unhappy this morning but I'm struggling to decide if it was just something I ate. My throat is scratchy and became more so as the morning passed. I was in the office early but decided I better get home since we're not supposed to be in there if we are sick. Took my temp when I got home and if anything, it's too low, so not a fever. My brother's family have all been dealing with late summer colds so maybe that's what this is. Either way, I'm taking it easy.

abake's Training Log

September 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals