Merry Christmas BT
We had a very nice Christmas, starting in the morning when Steve's daughter and family spent the night with us. It was fun watching their kids open gifts. They packed up and left mid morning to go to the other grandparents' place, and we hosted lunch for my side of the family. Everyone made it except for a nephew who was sick (not COVID) and stayed home to rest. My niece brought her boyfriend -- first time she has introduced him to family, so it may be getting serious.

After lunch and opening gifts, the crowd moved to the basement and played pool and ping pong for a couple of hours before heading home.

All in all, a very nice Christmas -- I hope we have many more like this
Bike
  • 2h 14m
  • 30.00 miles
  • 13.43 Mi/hr

Another warm windy day

Bike
  • 1h 42m
  • 26.50 miles
  • 15.59 Mi/hr

Riding outdoors!

We got the "big grocery shopping" done this morning --- went into Springfield and shopped at HyVee since we were getting my daughter a gift ctf to that store. THat place is huge is all I can say.

It was 56 degrees so Steve, Nathan (neighbor) and I got a ride outdoors. Wind was strong out of the south but the tailwind ride back home was a good time.

Went over to Hannibal today and took the youngest grandchild out to lunch and then to one of those indoor play centers for the afternoon. His sister was having a birthday party at their house and the mom had some concerns (rightfully so) that Marshall would have wanted to horn in on the fun and would probably piss his sister off. We had a fun afternoon --- it's better for us to just do one-on-one with grandkids.

Got in a walk/jog this morning and then had mom, sister and SIL over for lunch -- we put together the big saran wrap ball that is unwrapped on Christmas Day. It's good sized and should take about an hour to get through.
About 11 this morning, we heard a BOOM so loud that the windows shook. It sounded like something exploded close by. Went outside and all the neighbors were also coming outside and looking around confused. They are saying it was a Boeing jet being tested somewhere around western Illinois.
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 13.00 miles
  • 13.00 Mi/hr

Zwift

Sun is out but way too cold to ride outside, at least for me. Had to get a restaurant gift card at a local sushi place for someone, so picked up some sashimi and sushi for lunch. Not bad for central Illinois.

Got a walk/jog in today --- it was in the 20s but felt good to be out in the sunshine.

My mom, sister, SIL and I had reservations for lunch at a new restaurant in Petersburg. It's in a historic building that the owners have been renovating for over a year, and it looks amazing. There was a soft opening a couple of weeks ago that went well, and reviews are all 5 stars. An hour before our reservation we got an email (reservations are made online through their proprietary system) that they were sorry but were cancelling people's reservations. Guess they were overwhelmed and had some staff walk out. Ugh...we'll give them a few weeks and try again when the newness has worn off.

abake's Training Log

December 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals