Cold and rainy day. Had a haircut in the morning and then lunch at Mom's. We are headed back to Florida on the first for a couple of weeks, so I've started the packing process.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 14.00 miles
  • 11.20 Mi/hr

Zwift - climbing route

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 25m

Some kickboxing type moves from a Youtube video

It was really warm this morning (high 50s) but that faded as the day went on and by evening it felt more like winter. Passed on Steve's outdoor ride and rode the trainer.

Back in November my friend, Brenda, sent me a link to an ambassador program through Gravelbikeadventures.com and suggested that I should apply for it. Basically they are looking for women around the county who help develop gravel routes in various locations and also are enthusiastic about getting women out riding. I went ahead and applied and was accepted as one of ten ambassadors for their 2022 program! There's a Zoom meeting coming up in January wherein we will all "meet" each other, learn about what's expected of ambassadors, learn about sponsorships, etc. I'm pretty excited about this new venture.

Had good intentions of getting a ride in today --- spent the morning organizing Christmas gifts. For some reason I received a lot of socks as gifts this year. Not sure I'll be able to use them all so some of them may go to Goodwill.

Reorganized all the gift wrap, tissue, gift boxes, etc. from the disaster on a shelf in the basement to a better arrangement using a big flat plastic box that can go under a bed. In the process, I found an old gift card in a wine bag for a local liquor store. Ugh, it's so easy to miss little things like that.

It started raining so I went to hop on the trainer and oddly, had a flat tire. It took way longer than it should have to get the bike off the trainer and the tube changed. Not sure what happened, seems to be the valve stem. Whatever...by the time I was back in action, the urge to spend any time on the trainer had passed.
Merry Christmas BT
We had a very nice Christmas, starting in the morning when Steve's daughter and family spent the night with us. It was fun watching their kids open gifts. They packed up and left mid morning to go to the other grandparents' place, and we hosted lunch for my side of the family. Everyone made it except for a nephew who was sick (not COVID) and stayed home to rest. My niece brought her boyfriend -- first time she has introduced him to family, so it may be getting serious.

After lunch and opening gifts, the crowd moved to the basement and played pool and ping pong for a couple of hours before heading home.

All in all, a very nice Christmas -- I hope we have many more like this
Bike
  • 2h 14m
  • 30.00 miles
  • 13.43 Mi/hr

Another warm windy day

Bike
  • 1h 42m
  • 26.50 miles
  • 15.59 Mi/hr

Riding outdoors!

We got the "big grocery shopping" done this morning --- went into Springfield and shopped at HyVee since we were getting my daughter a gift ctf to that store. THat place is huge is all I can say.

It was 56 degrees so Steve, Nathan (neighbor) and I got a ride outdoors. Wind was strong out of the south but the tailwind ride back home was a good time.

Went over to Hannibal today and took the youngest grandchild out to lunch and then to one of those indoor play centers for the afternoon. His sister was having a birthday party at their house and the mom had some concerns (rightfully so) that Marshall would have wanted to horn in on the fun and would probably piss his sister off. We had a fun afternoon --- it's better for us to just do one-on-one with grandkids.

abake's Training Log

December 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • May's totals
  • April's totals