Bike
  • 1h 25m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 12.71 Mi/hr

Zwift

Riding the trainer since it's still raining. Started listening to the podcast Old Ghosts of Appalachia while doing so, so really didn't mind that I was stuck inside.

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 13.50 Mi/hr

Zwift

Will this rain ever stop?

Rained most of the day. We decided to tackle cleaning out the garage and spent all morning and half the afternoon at that project. Pitched, donated or recycled a lot of stuff, and now it looks so clean and organized!

Speaking of recycling, we use Waste Management for garbage disposal/recycling, and they've gone to picking up recycling every other week because of the labor shortage. This was evidently communicated in an email that probably went into a spam folder. They did finally pick up in the afternoon but I was starting to think we'd have to break out another container to hold everything.

Then in the evening we decided to go to the Creek -- the local eatery that is just up the road. Walked in and walked right out. Again, not enough help and the place was a mess with dirty tables and not enough servers. Not sure how this is all going to end.
Bike
  • 4h 32m
  • 47.00 miles
  • 10.37 Mi/hr

Hannibal gravel

We met Brenda and Joe in Hannibal for a gravel ride. Joe's not an early riser, so we decided to ride later in the morning. It was cool and kind of misty at first, but that burned off, the sun came out, and things got pretty warm. There was a lot of fresh, loose gravel on some of the westernmost roads, making for slow going, and some big climbs. Good route, I wish we had started earlier.

Sport
  • Kayaking
  • 1h 00m
Took the inflatable kayaks out on Lake Springfield for about an hour. Originally we went to a launch site along a creek and were immediately attacked by mosquitoes as soon as we stepped out of the car. So we moved to a less scenic but bug-free launch site on the main body of the lake.

It's baby robin time. There are a couple of fledglings zooming around the back yard and the same baby fell into the basement window well twice. Rescue was an easy matter, as they are very trusting at this age and don't seem to mind being scooped up in a net. The parents, on the other hand, are pretty vicious and attacked my yellow cat and chased him all the way back into the house.

Bike
  • 1h 23m
  • 20.80 miles
  • 15.04 Mi/hr

Easy bike ride

Low key day --- did a short bike ride, then cleaned up and went to Mom's for lunch. Hit Kohl's on the way home to see if I could find any summer clothing. They don't quite have the fall stuff out yet and there was a decent selection. At least the fitting rooms are open again --- well, half of them are open.

abake's Training Log

July 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals