Bike
  • 1h 23m
  • 20.80 miles
  • 15.04 Mi/hr

Easy bike ride

Low key day --- did a short bike ride, then cleaned up and went to Mom's for lunch. Hit Kohl's on the way home to see if I could find any summer clothing. They don't quite have the fall stuff out yet and there was a decent selection. At least the fitting rooms are open again --- well, half of them are open.

Bike
  • 3h 55m
  • 43.00 miles
  • 10.98 Mi/hr

Intense gravel

Went over to Pittsfield this morning with Steve and Brenda and rode a route we did last fall -- the winter and a wet spring have not been kind to a lot of these roads and there were some washed out areas as well as long stretches with really crappy gravel. We had a lot of fun on this route, it was like we'd get through one really bad section and wonder how it could get any worse, and then the next section of road would be like "hold my beer". All in good fun. We walked the really bad stretches and no one fell.

We always park at the courthouse square when we ride over here --- the Pike County courthouse is a beautiful old stone building and today there were flags all around the grounds. After our ride, we sat in the shade on the courthouse lawn and cooled off a bit and just kind of enjoyed the setting.

Bike
  • 2h 08m
  • 27.00 miles
  • 12.66 Mi/hr

Easy road/gravel ride with Steve and Barb

We drove out to New Salem and met Barb for a short (at her request) gravel ride. We start and finish at a shady campground and afterwards, I was so drenched with sweat that I took a shower at the campground shower house. It took a really long time for the water to heat up so eventually I got tired of waiting and took a coldish shower. Felt fantastic!!!!

Afterwards we went to lunch at a place in Springfield where we could sit outside (under a tent, so it was warm but shady) and then home for a long nap. The heat just takes it out of both of us.

Bike
  • 3h 50m
  • 51.00 miles
  • 13.30 Mi/hr

Annual "Ride to Franklin Burgoo Festival and Eat Pie" ride

Had a really nice day --- long bike ride with friends and then worked in the yard

Bike
  • 2h 45m
  • 33.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

Gravel ride in Hannibal

We got the grandkids up, fed and packed and drove them back to Hannibal. Their parents are participating in the annual mud volleyball tournament and 3 sets of grandparents kind of help out watching their kids while they compete. It's a long, hot weekend for everyone but fun to watch the tournament. We rented a hotel close by so that we could take the grandkids over to the pool.

For whatever reason, Steve decided we would spend just one night in the hotel and that we were taking the grandkids back to their parents early. I got a sense that he was pissed about something, and I'm not entirely clear, but suspect that there was drama with his ex wife trying to control things and he was drawing a line in the sand. Still not sure, and she wasn't speaking to us at all. Whatever people...

Sun came out and we were able to take the grandkids to the water park. Nice day

abake's Training Log

July 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • September's totals