• 31.00 miles
  • 12.83 Mi/hr

Rode the gravel bike around to try out the new Panaracer SK tires

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 15.75 Mi/hr

EZ recovery ride on the road bike

Nice day --- got out for a short ride, then grocery store and lunch at Mom's. Did some computer work for the bike club. Had the news on while I was working and kept hearing about the crisis in Afghanistan. What a clusterf*ck.
Brenda and I are headed out for Lincoln, NE on Friday for Gravel Worlds. In retrospect, doing races on back to back weekends where we have to travel was probably poor planning, but it is what it is. Her brother lives in Lincoln, so we can stay there and won't have a hotel expense. Brenda texted that she's still feeling wiped out from the race in Colorado and the subsequent long drive. I could be persuaded to skip Gravel Worlds except that it's supposed to be one of the best gravel races in the country, maybe the world, and we were lucky to get in.

Got up at my normal time, even with just a little over 4 hours of sleep, and used the morning as a catchup time --- did some grocery shopping, Walgreens, dropped bike off at shop to have them go over things and make sure everything is in order. It felt good to have a "down day" where the only exercise was a brief walk and some yoga.
Drove home today --- 16 hours straight through from Colorado. Got home shortly after midnight.
Bike
  • 5h 55m
  • 64.00 miles
  • 10.82 Mi/hr

SBT Grvl

Low key day --- went to packet pickup, walked around the expo, then went back to hotel and hung out in the a/c
Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 10.00 Mi/hr

Not really sure on the time but since there was a two mile climb right off the bat, it was definitely a slow ride

Steve, Brenda and I did a loop up by the Clark store and rode up to Steamboat Lake. It's really hot here, hoping things cool off a little by Sunday

abake's Training Log

August 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals