Bike
  • 1h 51m
  • 33.37 miles
  • 18.04 Mi/hr

Met up with Tampa Bay club members, rode up the Suncoast Trail and back

We did a ride with some Tampa Bay club cyclists --- on the way to meet them, Steve admitted that this might be too fast of a ride for us, but we knew the route. Super nice bunch who were willing to throttle down the pace a bit.

Strength
  • 20m

misc strength move

Bike
  • 2h 24m
  • 31.00 miles
  • 12.92 Mi/hr

Ride through Neighborhoods

In the morning, we headed over to Home Depot and made some preliminary selections for cabinets, countertop and flooring. Steve likes to get three quotes on costs; I really liked the lady working in the cabinet department. She spent about an hour with us helping make choices. It's tricky to pick out things that work well for a rental vs. your own home, but I think we have some good choices. If Home Depot's costs come in where they need to be (and I think they will), flooring will be a greyish plank look (reminds me of driftwood), cabinets are a grey/green with shiplap-look insets, and counter is white/grey/charcoal quartz. We opted not to go with white countertops to hide dirt/finger smudges.

Afternoon, we did a ride with Larry that stayed off Gulf Blvd (thank God) and explored some of neighborhoods -- went through Gulfport and saw some gorgeous homes.
I really don't like riding around here -- it's not safe and there's too much traffic, even with all the bike lanes and trails.

Bike
  • 3h 29m
  • 45.57 miles
  • 13.08 Mi/hr

Rode on the Skyway Trail, lots of wind surfers today

Went to another kitchen/bath place in the morning. Got some names of contractors who could coordinate the remodel for us later this year.

Another ride on the Pinellas Trail with a side spur onto the Skyway Trail. The monotony of riding on these trails is a real issue in this area; I'm in the camp that I'd almost rather ride the trainer than do another spin on the trail.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Yoga on the Beach - Madeira Beach Yoga Company

Rest day. Did the 9 am yoga class and worked up a pretty good sweat in the sunshine. There was a different instructor and her class was more geared toward novice yoga. Still a good class, just a little easier.

Bike
  • 1h 21m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 15.56 Mi/hr

Ride down to Pass-A-Grille

Got out early for a ride with Steve and Larry --- we tried to hang with a group from the St. Pete club but the pace too much (23 mph). Steve held on but Larry and I were dropped almost immediately. So we just did our own thing. Traffic in the St. Pete Beach area seems to be picking up.

Went back to Home Depot in the afternoon and ordered blinds for the living room and dining room. Took waaaay longer than it should have due to salesman being talkative and very thorough. Oh well...

Dinner at Steve's son and DIL's place wrapped up a nice day

abake's Training Log

January 2022 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • May's totals