Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.00 miles
  • -----

Zwift

In the morning, met with some bike club peeps and we cleaned out an old barn where a lot of club equipment (signs, corral setup, etc.) had been stored for years. The place was fine but everything has to be sanitized when used because there are raccoons, mice, etc. that get into anything that isn't sealed tightly. The current club president, Troy, has been on a mission to get everything out of the barn, cleaned up and moved into the club's storage facility. So we accomplished that today, which was a big win.

Rode the trainer in the afternoon. I had signed up for the Tour of Zwift, which is a series of 8 ride/races on various courses. This will be an enticement to use the trainer this winter.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m
Just some yoga today, not quite ready to jump back on the trainer

Flew back to Ilinois this afternoon out of Punta Gorda. I'll be home for about 10 days and then fly back, Steve is going to stay at the condo and get some more work done. Last year we spent the entire month of January in Florida, but I'm good with two weeks at a time. The pet sitting bills get pretty steep after a while and with my cats being pretty old, it's stressful on them when we're gone.

The flight (Allegiant) was delayed by about half an hour for boarding. The airport seemed pretty busy for a small airport. Once on the plane, we had to sit and wait another half hour for the ground crew to come and do all the stuff they do to get a plane in the air. I overhead the flight attendants talking about it --- sounds like the staffing shortage has hit this airport in a bad way.

I had a window seat and watched the single baggage handler working. He looked barely old enough to be driving.

My brother picked me up at our local airport and drove me home. The garage door was frozen shut but kicking it dislodged the ice and I was able to get in. There's just a bit of snow and patches of ice on the roads.
Bike
  • 1h 51m
  • 33.37 miles
  • 18.04 Mi/hr

Met up with Tampa Bay club members, rode up the Suncoast Trail and back

We did a ride with some Tampa Bay club cyclists --- on the way to meet them, Steve admitted that this might be too fast of a ride for us, but we knew the route. Super nice bunch who were willing to throttle down the pace a bit.

Strength
  • 20m

misc strength move

Bike
  • 2h 24m
  • 31.00 miles
  • 12.92 Mi/hr

Ride through Neighborhoods

In the morning, we headed over to Home Depot and made some preliminary selections for cabinets, countertop and flooring. Steve likes to get three quotes on costs; I really liked the lady working in the cabinet department. She spent about an hour with us helping make choices. It's tricky to pick out things that work well for a rental vs. your own home, but I think we have some good choices. If Home Depot's costs come in where they need to be (and I think they will), flooring will be a greyish plank look (reminds me of driftwood), cabinets are a grey/green with shiplap-look insets, and counter is white/grey/charcoal quartz. We opted not to go with white countertops to hide dirt/finger smudges.

Afternoon, we did a ride with Larry that stayed off Gulf Blvd (thank God) and explored some of neighborhoods -- went through Gulfport and saw some gorgeous homes.
I really don't like riding around here -- it's not safe and there's too much traffic, even with all the bike lanes and trails.

Bike
  • 3h 29m
  • 45.57 miles
  • 13.08 Mi/hr

Rode on the Skyway Trail, lots of wind surfers today

Went to another kitchen/bath place in the morning. Got some names of contractors who could coordinate the remodel for us later this year.

Another ride on the Pinellas Trail with a side spur onto the Skyway Trail. The monotony of riding on these trails is a real issue in this area; I'm in the camp that I'd almost rather ride the trainer than do another spin on the trail.

abake's Training Log

January 2022 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • May's totals
  • April's totals