Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 15.75 Mi/hr

Zwift

For no more than I swam yesterday, my shoulders are pretty sore.
Bunch of domestic stuff today. Saw on Strava that some people in my area rode outdoors. The high for the day was 36 F, which is just a bit too cold for me.

Bike
  • 30m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

Spin bike at the Y

Run
  • 32m
  • 1.80 miles
  • 17m 47s /Mi

walked on the treadmill

Swim
  • 15m
  • 550.00 yards
  • 02m 44s /100 yards

EZ laps

Day started early with a chirping smoke detector. Low battery. Of course there were no 9V batteries in the house to shut the thing up, so I moved to the basement bedroom and slept there. Cleaning lady was coming early and I had to be out of the house most of the day, so I ran a bunch of errands and then went to the Y.

Our Y never really bounced back as far as group classes. I would have liked to do a spin class but since there are no more spin classes, settled for riding one of the spin class-like bikes in the aerobics room. There's a 30 minute time limit on machines during heavy use, and while it wasn't busy, naturally the spin bikes were in hot demand and an elderly gentleman was pacing nearby, obviously intent on snagging my bike when the 30 minutes was up. Fine, whatever...

Walked on the treadmill and then did a short swim. The water felt wonderful. I avoid swimming because the whole getting changed, showering, etc. seems like such a hassle, but maybe I should look past all that.

Too cold to walk outside -- drove to the Y and walked on the treadmill for a while. It's crazy cold outside. Just going to the mailbox is uncomfortable. I have the utmost respect for anyone who has to work outdoors.
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.00 miles
  • 17.00 Mi/hr

Zwift - Freerode for 30 minutes, then did their "Workout of the Week"

Went to lunch at Mom's. My sister brought along a beautiful quilt in vibrant colors. She said that the ladies at her church made it for her, it is a prayer quilt. Her surgery (neurotransmitter implanted in brain to treat Parkinsons) has been pushed out to the end of February due to all the COVID issues at the hospital, so this group of women rushed to make this quilt and present it to her. With all the dark stuff going on in the world, small acts like this are so good to hear about.

Bike
  • 1h 12m
  • 23.00 miles
  • 19.17 Mi/hr

Zwift

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.00 miles
  • -----

Zwift

In the morning, met with some bike club peeps and we cleaned out an old barn where a lot of club equipment (signs, corral setup, etc.) had been stored for years. The place was fine but everything has to be sanitized when used because there are raccoons, mice, etc. that get into anything that isn't sealed tightly. The current club president, Troy, has been on a mission to get everything out of the barn, cleaned up and moved into the club's storage facility. So we accomplished that today, which was a big win.

Rode the trainer in the afternoon. I had signed up for the Tour of Zwift, which is a series of 8 ride/races on various courses. This will be an enticement to use the trainer this winter.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m
Just some yoga today, not quite ready to jump back on the trainer

abake's Training Log

January 2022 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31