Brrr...high winds and cold temps all day. Stayed inside and got organized.
Bike
  • 2h 15m
  • 31.00 miles
  • 13.78 Mi/hr

Rode to Fort Desoto and then Pass-a-Grille

Nice day, we rode over to Fort Desoto and then down to Pass-A-Grille. Some older (80ish) guy on an e-bike blasted past me on a big bridge and I was treated to a nice view of his buttcrack because his pants were falling down. Beautiful...

Nearly got hit going through a roundabout by a driver who probably didn't see me and tried to pull in front of me. Then honked at me angrily. People...

Met up with another couple for dinner and had a nice evening, then headed back for the condo. By 9 PM the weather had changed and wind was howling. Supposed to be really cold and windy on Saturday.

Bike
  • 2h 54m
  • 40.00 miles
  • 13.79 Mi/hr

Ride to Gulfport for lunch

Flight was uneventful. Steve picked me up in Punta Gorda and since it was pretty late, we spent the night at one of the airport hotels and then got up early and drove back to Madeira Beach.

The sunshine really feels nice.

Dentist appointment this morning, then I'm flying back to Florida in the evening out of our local airport to Punta Gorda. I could have spent the entire month of January down there but I can only take so much of the traffic and the limited riding options. At least here I have Zwift. And the pet sitting bills are adding up.

We have to be out of the condo on or before the 30th, when a renter comes in, and the following Saturday are signed up for a gravel ride in Mississippi, so that week will probably be spent in the panhandle and possibly around Natchez, MS to ride a bit on the Natchez Trace. Plans are still in flux.
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Zwift

Another trainer day --- I think it was 6 degrees this morning. Met a former coworker for lunch and got caught up on everything. I feel like I retired at a good time, there have been many changes in the organization of the marketing department, and at first glance, it kind of looks like some of the employees would have a case for age discrimination. So glad to be out of the working world.

I signed up for the "February Flahutes" Challenge put on by Bloomington Cycle & Fitness. It's a local series of rides, workouts, etc. designed to keep you riding through the winter. Looked at the signup list and recognized some of the names, so should be fun.

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 25.00 miles
  • 16.67 Mi/hr

Tour of Zwift - 5

Got my Zwifting done and out of the way early, then ran some errands and had lunch at Mom's. My sister has a new date for her brain/neurotransmitter surgery -- it's in mid-March so hopefully this COVID wave will be past us by then and hospitals are getting back to normal, whatever that may be.

It got up in the 40s today but was overcast and rainy.

Strength
  • 20m

Misc.Strength

Met Mary and Patti, tri friends, for breakfast. It's been a long time since seeing either of them and it was great to get caught up. We all had pancakes and I was so stuffed, any motivation to workout later in the day was squashed by the carby bloat.

abake's Training Log

January 2022 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • May's totals
  • April's totals