Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

zipped around the green trails at Santos and then up the paved trail for a few miles.

It's a shiny new month!!! We did a short little ride at Santos on the green mtb trails, then back to the hotel in Ocala to pack up and head for Tallahassee. On the way, we stopped at Silver Springs and did the tourist thing with a glass bottom boat tour of the spring. Very impressive! I'm an aquarium geek, so it was so cool to see the fish and turtles swimming around in the crystal clear water.

Tomorrow we'll ride a short version of the "Dirty Pecan" in Monticello.

Bike
  • 5h 17m
  • 58.50 miles
  • 11.07 Mi/hr

Gravel riding around Ocala National Forest

We left the condo on Sunday (have a renter coming in, so had to vacate the premises) and now have a week to kill before our gravel race on Saturday. Decided to spend a couple of days in Ocala and do some gravel riding. It's really nice here, the terrain is pretty rolling. We did a big ride and encountered a fair amount of unridable, deep sand that had to be walked, but otherwise was a great ride.

Bike
  • 2h 17m
  • 33.00 miles
  • 14.45 Mi/hr

Biked the paved trail through Santos Forest

Brrr...high winds and cold temps all day. Stayed inside and got organized.
Bike
  • 2h 15m
  • 31.00 miles
  • 13.78 Mi/hr

Rode to Fort Desoto and then Pass-a-Grille

Nice day, we rode over to Fort Desoto and then down to Pass-A-Grille. Some older (80ish) guy on an e-bike blasted past me on a big bridge and I was treated to a nice view of his buttcrack because his pants were falling down. Beautiful...

Nearly got hit going through a roundabout by a driver who probably didn't see me and tried to pull in front of me. Then honked at me angrily. People...

Met up with another couple for dinner and had a nice evening, then headed back for the condo. By 9 PM the weather had changed and wind was howling. Supposed to be really cold and windy on Saturday.

Bike
  • 2h 54m
  • 40.00 miles
  • 13.79 Mi/hr

Ride to Gulfport for lunch

Flight was uneventful. Steve picked me up in Punta Gorda and since it was pretty late, we spent the night at one of the airport hotels and then got up early and drove back to Madeira Beach.

The sunshine really feels nice.

Dentist appointment this morning, then I'm flying back to Florida in the evening out of our local airport to Punta Gorda. I could have spent the entire month of January down there but I can only take so much of the traffic and the limited riding options. At least here I have Zwift. And the pet sitting bills are adding up.

We have to be out of the condo on or before the 30th, when a renter comes in, and the following Saturday are signed up for a gravel ride in Mississippi, so that week will probably be spent in the panhandle and possibly around Natchez, MS to ride a bit on the Natchez Trace. Plans are still in flux.

abake's Training Log

February 2022 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28     

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals