• 1h 15m
  • 22.20 miles
  • 17.76 Mi/hr

Zwift

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 1h 00m

More Vietnamese aerobics

Did another challenge from the Flahutes series that the Bloomington Cycle shop is sponsoring -- today in honor of February 22, 2022, the goal was to ride exactly 22.2 miles, either inside or outside. It was raining so riding inside was an easy decision. I picked a flattish course in Zwift and got done fairly quickly. Once I hit 22.1, it was a little stressful pedaling veeerrrryyyy slowly so as not to go over the .2 mark.

Went to Kohls and found a couple of cute tops and some new jeans. The store is being remodeled and it looks really nice and fresh. Was glad to see this, it had been looking frumpy and stale in there and was a little depressing to shop there.

Had a bike club social at a local brewery in the evening. Since I'm retired and my schedule is more flexible, I went a little early to get appetizers ordered. The hostess said that the reservation was for 30 people, which seemed a little optimistic to me, but I was proven wrong and the turnout was even greater. Good time was had by all

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m
Still feel like I need some recovery, so took day off from cycling and worked on organizing stuff for our tax preparer.

We spent the night in Batesville, MS, which is about an hour south of Memphis. Toured Graceland early Sunday morning. Neither Steve nor I are huge Elvis fans but you never know if you'll be back in an area, so we booked a tour. Both of us really enjoyed it. I didn't feel like the mansion was "over the top", as I had been expecting. More like stepping back in time to a house from the 70s. Where the owner had a ton of money.

Got home late afternoon to sunshine and melted snow.
Bike
  • 4h 35m
  • 52.80 miles
  • 11.52 Mi/hr

Mississippi Gravel Series #4

Race was good. There were 4 women in my age group (60+). At about mile 20, I heard someone call my name and it was a gal named Kelly that I had met a long time ago at an Indiana mountain bike clinic. I knew that she was racing but had not seen her at the start, so hoped I'd find her along the way. Turns out she has moved from Illinois and now lives in New Orleans. We rode together and got caught up and the distraction helped us both push a bit, I ended up with second place in my division and she was very happy with her race.

A Lauf bike dealer was there and had some demo bikes. I took out a True Grit, Race level, and of course fell in love. Might look into ordering one of them.

After the race, everyone chilled and listened to some impromptu blues being played by the owner of the Blue Front Cafe.

Headed out for Mississippi this morning. I-55 was treacherous and had a lot of slippery, icy spots from Springfield to St. Louis. There were several cars in the ditch and we saw 2 semis jackknifed and in the median. That had all happened the night before, before the plows were able to get out. one semi had a lot of damage to the cab. I hope the driver was not injured.

We spent the night before the race in the town of Canton, MS. It's about 15 miles from Jackson.
Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 45m
The rain changed to sleet mid-morning and then to snow and by afternoon, we had a full-blown blizzard going. Heard there were some bad accidents on the interstate and was glad we didn't have to go anywhere.

abake's Training Log

February 2022 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28     

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals