Run
  • 36m
  • 3.10 miles
  • 11m 37s /Mi
Swim
  • 11m 54s
  • 440.00 yards
  • 02m 42s /100 yards

So, today I am a triathlete! Race Report is Up.  I added pics to my album if you want to see them.

I met Tom & Scott & Brian from BT at the race - All great guys!

Brian & I both lost our Triathlon Virginity Cherry Explosion (photo was my husband's idea).

There are people to thank.  Sue - thanks for rushing in & saving my foot & ankle - it did well.  I ran the whole way with the exception of about 1/2 a block at mile 2. 

Of course, people at home are of great importance - my husband has been by my side every step & has had my back & has been cheering me on every moment.

3 very special BT people, though I could not have done this without:

Shaun - Thanks man!  You are incredible & have been a great inspiration & support over the past months. 

Robin - Woman, I thought of you when I didn't want to keep running & kept telling myself, "I will not let Robin be disappointed in me after all her encouragement!" 

Kathy -  Each week, you've coached me along.  Through insecurity, through medical challenges, through injury.  You are a great friend & colleague who is a terrific part of this accomplishment.

You 2 have been my 2-man cheering & inspiration club & I couldn't have done this without you!!!!!

I'll get the race report up later today, but the big news is this:  I finished under 2 hours!  Lots of technical issues that really didn't matter in the end.  The injury really didn't matter in the end.  It was wonderful.  I am thrilled!

Swim
  • 09m 11s
  • 400.00 yards
  • -----

Quick swim before departing for Melbourne.

Now we're at the hotel. 

I'll check in tomorrow night after the race if I'm still alive!!!

Run
  • -----
  • 2.00 miles
  • -----

Runnin Monsters

Might not be too scary, but we Monsters run fast!

I'm trapped in the house right now with the carpet guys.  But, at least my house is being put back in order after the Great Flood of 2008 (4 weeks of disaray).  After this, lunch with a friend & then either I think I'll hit the eliptical machine to give the foot a rest, but make the legs work.  Then the pool if it doesn't thunder. 

2 more days!  

I've been practicing the swim to bike transition in my head (thanks KOM for the tip).  Now that I've got that one handled, I'll work on the Bike to Run transition.  Everyone talks about their legs being the issue - my issue is the HR.  I've got to make sure I don't out-run my heart during the 1st 1/4 mile or I'm toast!  My legs want to keep the cadence they were going on the bike...my heart just can't handle it & will shoot to 220.  Then - down she goes!  Bad idea.  Control the adrenaline, girl.  It's all about the finish!

Bike
  • 1h 16m
  • 17.00 miles
  • -----

Total mental health ride. Not even going to try to explain it here, but structure is not really my thing & I've been a bit too structured lately which can lead me down a dumb ass path of rebellion & bad decisions. So, I rode today for freedom & fun. Unfortunately, I ran out of time & fluids, so I had to come home or I would have probably have ridden to Alaska.

Ahhhh...much better!  Slept for 10 hours last night.  Big stretch!  I read about 1/2 of one of the sports nutrition books yesterday & figured out that a lot of my issues with feeling drained & unfocused over the past couple of weeks are probably due to burning fat & just not having enough fuel on board. 

So - time to really focus on nutrition.  I'm drinking my shake right now.  When the sun comes up I'm hitting the road on my bike. 

Like my pal Shaun says...what a difference a day makes.

Massive Monster Pic:

Massive Monster

Swim
  • 12m
  • 500.00 yards
  • -----

I'd like to introduce a new BT chick:  KOM.  Please welcome her to our community  - she's on my Friends list at the side.

Today I returned to PT.  They are TORTURE people, I swear!  Mean therapists!!!  I went in feeeling o.k. & left in pain!  Meannies!  

2 nights w/o sleep are leaving me feeling like I don't want to work out today.   So, instead of risking an injury by training stupid & tired, I think I'll head to the pool for some swimming (at least there's a lifeguard there).  Then I'll read the sports nutrition book I picked up from the library.

Tonight's goal:  SLEEP!!!

Tri on Sunday Laughing

It's 3am...I'm awake...1.1 mile left to complete the September Challenge...my foot/ankle is a little better today. 

In 2 hours I'll decide whether to run or not before work.

12-hour shift from hell.  2 really sick patients.  Both were supposed to be 1:1 patients.  Plus I was in charge.  Everyone tried to help.  Sucked to be me.  It actually turned out to be a 15-hour shift in the end. 

Didn't get a chance to eat all day.  1 Diet Coke got me through until 9pm & then it was a glass of wine & a veggie chix sandwich before crashing for 3 hours - then wide awake & on the computer because I'm too wound up to sleep.

So much fun!

I've joined the Massive Monsters for October's Challenge.  Here's the image I'm going to suggest:

Massive Monsters

ggwellness' Training Log

October 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance