Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----
Run
  • 45m 08s
  • -----
  • -----

Didn't get to the Y fast enough after swimming to get a spin bike. So I did a run instead.

Sport
  • Plyometrics
  • 1h 00m

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.00 miles
  • -----

It was very strange to just run for 20 minutes, but it was nice in that I could concentrate on my form the whole time. I paid special attention to my hips, and how that affected my stride and leg placement. I noticed that in the deeper snow, my right foot always plants firmly and my left is all over the place, scrambling for a good spot. Weird. No Garmin - it was in the wrong pocket of my bag when I left and I overlooked it.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 3000.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Masters swim

200 swim
4 x [25 kick, 25 drill]

500 negative split
5 x 100 on the 1:50

300 negative split
3 x 100 on the 1:45

100 distance per stroke
100 as fast as possible
50 easy

Bike
  • 56m 35s
  • -----
  • -----

Spin class at the Y.
Tried to work hard to get HR up, but I think my leg muscle strength is the limiting factor.

Bike
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • 16.54 miles
  • 16.54 Mi/hr

Had a little bit of a frustrating trainer ride. I was just planning to do one hour, consisting of a 10-minute warm-up, and then one minute each side of one-legged drills on 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 40 minutes and 50 minutes. I did the warm up, cool down and drills on the small chainring, 4th easier gear, and the regular riding in the 6th easiest gear. I turned the tension wheel 1.5 times past touching the tire. (I'm writing this down as a control for future workouts.)

Anyway, I put on "The Distance," a documentary by a BT person about IM Wisconsin. I got it all set up to where I left off, and dh set the kids up with a snack upstairs. Eventually they finished, and he was doing school work, so they filtered downstairs by me and started shouting questions to me and getting too close to the bike and talking over the film. I wouldn't have cared so much about interacting with them, except I was getting annoyed that the film was on and I couldn't hear it, and I couldn't stop it from where I was on the bike.
Dh came down and asked if things were OK and I asked him if he could just turn it off because I was getting annoyed. He turned if off and moved some stuff to make a barrier the kids couldn't cross. Then he took my daughter (5) to the store. My son (3) is usually good when alone, but he kept pushing past the barrier, "accidentally" throwing things where he would have to cross in order to get them back. I was at 48 minutes now and the end was in sight, but I was getting really irritated and scolded him and told him to sit on the couch. He got really mad at me and got pouty.
I just felt like this is one of those times when the balance is really hard. Weekends are really the only time when I train at a time they are awake. I should have just gotten up early to do the ride. It wasn't anyone's fault. I just realized, I guess, that I'm not too good at doing the trainer and interacting with the kids. I get really irritated quickly. I'll try to plan accordingly in the future. I usually do the workout at rest hour/naptime, but today we cleaned the house during that time, which needed done.
Like I said, no one's fault, but I didn't feel like I had a good workout.

Run
  • 53m 43s
  • 4.24 miles
  • 12m 40s /Mi

Ran in about 4 inches of snow. Very challenging. There were only about 15 steps on hard pavement. Very taxing on the leg muscles, like a hill workout. My HR was higher than I thought it was at the time. I stopped for a couple walk breaks due to the exertion. Despite the pace, and very good, hard workout. Also, extra points for mental fortitude. It was only 20 degrees out.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2800.00 yards
  • -----

Master's

Got a pointer on my stroke today - I am not entering with my hand early enough. It should be around my ear.

Sport
  • Boot Camp Conditioning
  • 50m

Ouch! Man this hurt! I thought I was in shape!

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 40m

alicefoeller's Training Log

January 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time