Columbus,OH 
Bike
  • 1h 23m 21s
  • 23.48 miles
  • 16.90 Mi/hr

Group ride on path. Not such a frantic pace today, but still quick. Smaller group and I was able to lead a bit, which made the cornering more challenging.
Chilly today! Long sleeves!

Swim
  • 53m
  • -----
  • -----

OWS swim.
Beautiful morning. We had a 30-minute straight swim in addition to the other shorter legs.

Run
  • 16m 58s
  • 1.80 miles
  • 09m 26s /Mi

Easy loop after swimming.

Bike
  • 1h 18m 33s
  • 23.48 miles
  • 17.94 Mi/hr

Regular weekday ride. It's becoming regular, anyway. Hard push on the way south, not much slower on the way back up. I'm getting much better at the cornering. Usually the last blocks back are a cooldown, but I thought I was trying to catch Hutch to make sure I took the right roads, and it turned out to be some random cyclist in a red jersey - lucky for me, he happened to go right past the starting point.

Run
  • 29m 38s
  • 3.45 miles
  • 08m 35s /Mi

Started off REALLY hard and couldn't keep up. We dialed it back a little. Thank goodness.

HR data is messed up. Not sure. Maybe need new battery. It was showing 80 while I was running.

Swim
  • 42m
  • -----
  • -----

Swam in Lake Erie, sort of near where the Rev 3 swim will be. The lake was totally calm. I was kind of hoping for preparation in case of rough water on race day, but I guess I'll have to get that some other day. It was a beautiful morning. The beach was lovely at Sawmill Creek. Swam with the group that gathered for Rev3 workout day. There were 6 of us that came early to swim. The water was murky compared to the quarry. I couldn't see anything. It was an adjustment.

Bike
  • 5h 22m 58s
  • 93.34 miles
  • 17.34 Mi/hr

Wow, I did it! Look at that! 93 miles!
Of the group of 15 or so who turned out for Rev3 training day, three of us ended up doing the Full Rev loop twice, like it will be in the race, but we skipped the out and back to the actual amusement park due to traffic. (And due to feeling like garbage after 93 miles!!) It was a scorcher, and we stopped 4 times at gas stations. (Not reflected in total time. Total time on the road was a little over 6 hours.)
I feel REALLY great about this (just like Amy said I would!). The course was pretty nice - once we got out of town, the roads were good, no glass, etc. The gas station people were nice. (We stopped at each one twice!)
My longest ride before this was a miserable 74 miles that took just about the same amount of time as this ride. What an improvement in a week! It helps a lot not being alone. Thanks to Steve and Kurt for sticking it out and doing the second loop.
I have to say a hamburger never tasted so good as it did today.
I want to add that I did a fair amount of drafting. Not the entire time, but a lot. But I am still 3 months out. Soon I will be able to do it without drafting and without so many gas station breaks.

Bike #1
  • 23m
  • 5.55 miles
  • -----

Back to the mechanic to get vehicle. Short ride, but took place RIGHT after my morning workout on my tri bike. It was interesting getting on my road bike immediately after getting off my tri bike. The seat feels higher on my road bike, but I don't think I can raise the seat on the tri bike without overdoing my already aggressive position.

Bike #2
  • 3h 30m
  • 53.00 miles
  • 16.99 Mi/hr

Rode with JChristoff - drafted most of the time. Wow, this ride felt great. Like, 50 miles? No big deal! I was purposely taking it easy to stay ready for tomorrow. I had a little unexpected speed work in the first 30 minutes when my route to meet Justin was closed and I had to go way around and didn't have his phone number, so tried to hurry.
Garmin ran out of batteries within first 10 miles.

Swim
  • 1h 35m
  • -----
  • -----

OWS at quarry. Took it easy today and still wasn't last. Yay! Still beat the older guys, actually, and I was purposely taking it easy. Luckily a guy from the next group wanted to stay and swim longer, even though my friends had to get out.

Bike
  • 21m 14s
  • 5.55 miles
  • 15.68 Mi/hr

Short ride home after dropping off a vehicle at the mechanic for the day.

alicefoeller's Training Log

July 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time
  • June's totals