Run
  • 41m 25s
  • 3.34 miles
  • 12m 24s /Mi

Lunch run. Did not realize the heat index was 94. Too hot.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Cool down with Ellie Mae - could not cool down though.

Official communication came out today from my company that our work from home situation is extended through at least Jan. 11. My extroverted work friends are gutted - especially those who thrived on holiday social events. I feel for them, that's got to be tough. But ya'll know me... this is the best news ever in my little world. Not having to .... wake up early, commute in Atlanta traffic, wear real pants or shoes or makeup, interact with annoying people. Plus I get to hang out with my dog all day, and work out at any hour of the day ... LIVING MY BEST LIFE!

Friday weigh in: Down 0.7 pounds for total loss of 12.3 pounds since May 2. It's definitely getting harder with Iron-training-hunger kicking in and less room for error in general. It also doesn't help when I have a chocolate chip problem like I did this week LOL!

Had a bit of an online shopping spree yesterday - got a new oil diffuser (mine suddenly started leaking) and a new handheld mixer (splurged on the nice Kitchenaid version) with points from my work recognition program. Then my Swiffer mop stopped spraying cleaning solution so I ordered a STEAM MOP (so adult!) and re-usable mop pads - kind of excited for this. Then I remembered that last iron-training cycle I LOVED Honey Stinger waffles on long rides so ordered a case of those in the gluten free variety pack. Then inexplicably I had a craving for a Starbucks type of frappacino with sugar free coffee syrup so I ordered a trio of caramel "Skinny Syrups" that have no calories. Not sure if the artificial sweeteners will upset my stomach after so many years of avoiding them, but thinking this will be a treat for every now and then.

Bike
  • 1h 35m
  • 25.25 miles
  • 15.95 Mi/hr

Too tough of a workout - had a hard time getting these minutes in. Watched three episodes of "Beat Bobby Flay" back to back because I can't stand watching major network TV all day with the political commercials already saturating everything. There's one spot in particular that is played MULTIPLE times every commercial break on every major network channel and it's absolutely grinding.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 14m

Lunch walk

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 13m

After dinner walk before another thunderstorm rolls in.

I don't have kids, but I'm SO worried for everyone who does - and for teachers - with school starting in just over a month for most. How in the world is it going to work?! Just thinking about teachers inevitably getting sick and having to quarantine (then does the whole class/grade/building quarantine?), teacher shortages, taking on janitorial duties, having to build both online AND in-person curriculum, being underpaid, possibility of strikes - that's just teachers, and on top of the hell they already go through with testing and administration and parents. Then throw in transportation - what happens when bus drivers get sick and have to quarantine? Does the whole route quarantine when one child tests positive? How will buses be kept clean? How will distancing guidelines be enforced on already-full bus routes? Then I think about families who (have the luxury to) opt for remote learning... how many computers does the average household have? If you have more than one child, who gets the computer for class time? What about families who can't afford higher tiers of internet for video streaming bandwidth? Clearly parents struggled HARD in April and May - how is the fall going to be better with no real plans in place and workplaces opening back up? What about families whose parents don't have the luxury of staying home X days per week on the days their child is required to remote learn (hearing districts are looking at rotating half of students Mon-Tue, cleaning Wed, then the other half Thurs-Fri - which leaves a mandatory 3 days of remote learning for every child)? HOW. IS. IT. GOING. TO. WORK!?

Run
  • 50m 33s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 12m 37s /Mi

Pretty good lunch run, considering the heat and humidity.

Swim
  • 48m 14s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • 01m 56s /100 yards

Nice after work swim in a full pool again. Didn't do any speed work but did mostly 250s and 300s.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Bike
  • 1h 22m
  • 22.23 miles
  • 16.27 Mi/hr

Trainer

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 13m

Late lunch walk since we had a staff meeting at noon. During the meeting I got a virtual award/recognition for the big project I finished the other week. That was nice. The executive I did it for also awarded me a bunch of points from our rewards platform - a little over $100 worth. Always a nice surprise to get that kind of thing!

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 11m

Evening walk

I've been thinking about doing a self-supported, three-day Ironman in lieu of the real thing. Swim Friday, bike Saturday and run Sunday... Some tri club folks were joking about doing something like that and I wonder if they will put something together unofficially. It would be fun to do it with friends and have some support, even if it's a self-serve aid station set up on a parking lot. But I could theoretically do it on my own with a pool swim. It would be something to look forward to at least!

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 14m

Late lunch walk after the rain. So much rain lately.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 09m

Evening walk - cut a little short as we were getting rained on.

Sport #3
  • Yoga
  • 21m

Today's Ironman race to cancel: IM Louisville (Oct. 11). I'm going to bet that the Wisconsin announcement will come next week. I think most localities and officials are having to make decisions NOW for the September/fall time frame, so they will all start falling in short order. Like my employer is going to announce our work from home extension from September to January in the next week - because parents are having to make in person vs remote schooling decisions NOW before school starts in August. And people need to know what their options are. Or at least... that's the right thing to do.

Getting into the thick of my Ironman training plan (final 10 weeks), which is going to be a mental challenge. Do I keep plugging away with high volume weeks, knowing there's a 96% chance I won't be racing even if the event is held? I love the challenge of increasing volume and (obviously) get a high sense of satisfaction doing so, but there's a point where the bang isn't worth the buck if there's no event, and I have a feeling it's coming soon.

Run
  • 1h 23m 35s
  • 6.50 miles
  • 12m 52s /Mi

Since it's a recovery week, my plan "only" had a 75-minute run, so mentally I felt much better this week not struggling with the thought of double-digit mileage. I haven't been sleeping well, so while I woke up multiple times between 6 and 9 a.m., I didn't get out of bed until after 9. Just sleepy and my stomach was feeling weird.

Hot and icky and gasp-y run - the usual - but I somehow convinced myself not to just walk the whole thing. Walking sounded so nice! I would love to do a swim/bike/walk triathlon if walking the whole thing didn't make me feel so inadequate.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 12m

Evening walk - so hot outside

I feel like a bit of a mean dog mom - last night for our normal "before bedtime potty" I decided to walk Ellie Mae out front where a group of neighbors was shooting off BIG fireworks. Lots of people were out watching and cheering them on. Ellie Mae has never been bothered by loud thunder or car horns screaming children or anything, but she got totally scared seeing the fireworks - they were really close. I picked her up to finish watching the show and she was TREMBLING poor baby. Never seen her scared in the year and a half I've had her - she's just such an independent, sassy little doggie that has never shown fear like that. When we were walking back to the house, she kept looking up at me over and over and didn't leave my side (she's usually way out front) and was stress-panting. I've apologized profusely to her. MAMA'S SORRY! 

Bike
  • 2h 46m 42s
  • 44.04 miles
  • 15.85 Mi/hr

Lovely ride on the Silver Comet Trail. I had a fleeting thought that I might get out early to beat the crowds (the Tri Club was also riding the trail at 7:30 a.m.), but decided to sleep in a little. Surprisingly, the crowds were NOT crazy, and this was a great ride. I saw my tri club buddy Chuck a few times (he was on his way to 110 miles) and separately, his wife Nicole. Love this trail and that it's shaded 75% of the way. And that it's only a 35-minute drive from my house.

Normally the whole city would be running the Peachtree Road Race 10K this morning and it feels weird not to. There was a news article asking people to please not run the route on their own (lol), but knowing people, I bet a bunch did. It's the first year since 1970 without the Peachtree on July 4. It's re-scheduled for Thanksgiving Day.

Run
  • 12m 15s
  • 1.06 miles
  • 11m 34s /Mi

Brick run - heard an ominous clap of thunder just as I was putting the bike in the car, but it seemed far enough away to start my run. This felt really good! Great workout today.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 13m

Evening walk

lisac957's Training Log

July 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31