- Time: 1h 30m
- 90 minutes at RPE 4. This can be the same loop as yesterday, but try to maintain aero posture during middle 50 minutes. Take your tools along and stop for adjustments as necessary to keep comfortable position without sacrificing power. You'll find that this position will vary as your flexibility and strength changes. Keep notes in your log of adjustments fur reference.
- We'll do this again at the end of the week to test positioning.
- Time: 1h 15m
- 75 minutes on trainer with long tempo work
- wu: 15 minutes RPE 3 working to 4 by end
- main: 50 minutes at RPE 5-6 steady mix of aero and non
- cd: 10 minutes at RPE 2-3.
- Time: 1h 00m
- 1 hour, steady RPE 3-4 effort. Good stretching afterwards.
- Time: 30m
- 400, 4 x 100, 200, 2 x 100, 100
- long are at RPE 3, 100s are at RPE 7
- Time: 2h 00m
- Long bike, if using aero bars , try to get settled in and maintain aero position throughout ride. If you can't maintain same power/speed as non-aero position, make mental notes of further adjustments to make post-ride.
- Time: 30m
- 30 minute post ride recovery run at RPE 2.
- Time: 3h 00m
- 3h long bike, easy pace. In and out of aero position.
This weeks focus is the bike with both intense sessions spent in the saddle. Run and swim sessions are at a minimum. Race Prep: 40k is short enough that you should be able to hold aero position throughout. Get in a comfortable setup as soon as possible. There's still a lot of time before race day to make adjustments and further experiment.