""I give 98%, I use the other 2% to blink, sweat and breath.""
3/21/2023 | formable™ offers biomechanically customized training by elite coaches to help athletes maximize performance and reduce injury.
Published from the archives of member-submitted articles that were never previously published.When I saw my first triathlon competition on television in the winter of 2008, I was lounging on the couch in my oversized sweats, eating pepperoni pizza. Out of shape, clearly not a nutritional role model, and with no a[...]
It was 2009 and I was going to turn 50 soon. I wanted to feel like I at least accomplished something in my life before I hit the big 5-0. So, hey, why not do a triathlon?! I was overweight by about 100 pounds. I trained by myself and followed one of Beginner Triathlete’s training plans, wh[...]
It has been a bucket list item for me for years. Every time I started a new workout routine (or tried to), it has been geared towards completing a sprint tri. Three years ago, I even registered for a local race, but chickened out the night before.
Thanks to a recent career move, around the start of the Ne[...]
One night in mid February, I mentioned to my son that he ought to do the Xterra Xticer race at Oak Mountain State Park in May of this year. This should be easy – 200m swim, 11k mountain bike, and 2k run. He said he would do it if I would, so we registered and the challenge was on. I printed out the bike course fr[...]
I slowly approached the finish area of the Lewisburg, PA Sprint Triathlon. As I prepared to turn left at the approaching road and finish the last 100 yards in the direction of the large, red inflated finish tube, a volunteer stepped forward to tell me to continue straight ahead to the next street before turning left. "[...]