- Time: 1h 25m
- Breakthrough: Power Testing Protocol:
- WU: Long warm up of at least 20'.
- MS: Then ride 5x 1' at 100 RPMS, alternating with 1' easy. Then ride 5’ hard – not 100% effort but about 95%, and then take an easy 5’ easy spinning before starting the test:
- TEST: Finally, you'll test for your FTP (Functional Threshold Power). Pick a route that you can ride for 30 minutes as hard as you can. A flat course or out-back course is best. After 30' effort, ride easy for at least 15'. Record average power, speed & heart rate.
- *You will see this workout several other times in this plan. The idea behind the frequent testing is to treat the test like a workout – you may be tired, you may not. It's good to see how training affects your testing – and as they say, training is testing and testing is training. It's ok to have tests in the program as the athletes progress through a cycle.
- **Swims can be before the FTP test – but everything else should be after.
- Time: 1h 00m
- Distance: 2500.00 yards
- WU: 300 swim/100 drill
- MS: 5x (300 swim at slower than T-pace, 100 drill, so 400 total)
- CD: 100 ez