- Time: 10m
- Run Endurance
- Aerobic Endurance
- Run on a flat path, track or treadmill. You can use the 8/2 method of 8 minutes running, 2 minutes walking.
- Time: 12m
- Distance: 400.00 yards
- Continuous Swim
- Swim Drills Day. Today we will work on something called the Fist Drill.
- Swim at least 4 lengths to warm up - you can alternate free style and sidestroke or breast stroke.
- After you have finished your warm up, you will start your next length with your hands closed in a fist. Swim like this for 4 strokes, and then open your hands for 4 strokes, alternating until you get to the other end. Alternate 25 yds of 'Fist Drill' and freestyle swimming. This should get you to get a better 'feel' for the water. Keep moving and complete 400 yards or 1/4 of a mile!
- When you are done swimming, work on stretching your back, your arms, shoulders and neck muscles.