- Time: 1h 00m
- Distance: 6.00 miles
- WU: Warm up for 1.5 miles
- MS: 6x800 at 5k pace - no faster with a 200 recovery at an easy jog in between sets.
- CD: Easy 1 mile cool down to finish up.
- Time: 45m
- Time: 1h 15m
- Distance: 23.00 miles
- WU: 4 mile warm up
- MS: 17 mile time trial as fast as you can!
- CD: Easy 2 mile cool down when you are done.
- Time: 55m
- Distance: 2550.00 yards
- WU: 200 easy
- MS: 3 x 100 descending times (30”).
- 4 x 50 kick
- 6 x 200 fast (RPE=7/8) with 50 kick easy between 200s.
- 200 kick steady
- CD: 200 easy swim.
- [url=http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1346]Kickboard Kick[/url] OR
- [url=http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1347]Kick on Back[/url]
- Time: 1h 25m
- Distance: 25.00 miles
- Ride 5 mile warm up then 10 miles hard/ followed by 2 mile hard run. Get back on bike and ride 10 miles hard again followed by a 2 mile hard run. Easy cool down.
- 'Hard' effort: RPE=7/8
- Time: 40m
- Distance: 4.00 miles
- 4 miles off bike - see above- sequence should be 5+10 mile bike/ 2 mile run - 10 mile bike/2 mile run.
- Time: 1h 10m
- Distance: 7.00 miles
- 7 miles at a 10k pace: HR=Z4/RPE=8.
Week 8: This is another weekend to unplug, see week 4. Re-evaluate all of the weeks before this and figure out what you did good at and what needs improved. We need to always strive to refine, if we don’t, we will slip into old habits again. Feel free to repeat this 8 week training plan.