Crescent Moon Triathlon - Sprint Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 07, 2015
5800 S Powhaton Rd.,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (20.00 kms) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Racing Underground
- Website: http://www.racingunderground.com
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: The 9th annual Crescent Moon takes place at the beautiful Aurora Reservoir. This means crystal clear water for the swim, a fun 20k or 40k bike course with eight miles that are completely closed to auto traffic, a run that is also traffic-free, and fantastic post-race picnic & expo area – all with convenient parking.
A single loop swim course for both distances starts and finishes on the sandy beach adjacent to the swim area. The 20k bike course is rolling, with miles two through ten on a road that is closed to auto traffic. Olympic cyclists will continue approximately 6 miles beyond the sprint turn around to a turn around of their own. The 5k sprint run is a loop course on a mix of bike path and well maintained non-technical dirt running trail. The 10k Olympic course will split from the 5k loop at approximately 1.5 miles and do a 3-miile out & back segment before joining the 5k runners for the final 1.5 miles. There will be two aids stations on the 5k run and five aid stations on the 10k run.
Members who are scheduled to race: iLOVEwaffles, PowerRuff, TJSchutte