Buzzard's Bay Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 14, 2014
- Address: Horseneck Beach State Reservation,
Westport, Massachusetts Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (586.00 yards) Bike (11.60 miles) Run (3.10 miles)
- Organization: Max Performance
- Website: http://www.maxperformanceonline.com/buzzardsbayrace.html
- Contact email:
- Description: The point-to-point ocean swim will highlight all that Buzzards Bay has to offer! Rectangular in shape, you’ll make two turns during the 1/3 Mile Swim. This swim proves to be a bit more challenging than a lake swim with some fun surf!
Triathletes have come to know the Farm Coast area quite well, with rolling pastures and views of the Bay! You’ll pass through some beautiful neighborhoods in Westport with farm cottages and stonewalls! This is what makes the Buzzards Bay Tri the most scenic race!
The 3.1 Mile Run is flat as a pancake, set right along the ocean. You’ll get to run out to Gooseberry Island with short turnaround and head back along the walkway. Finish Strong under Max's 25" Arch as family and friends cheer you on! It’s a great way to capture a PR for a 5k!
- Members who are scheduled to race: