KPC Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 20, 2013
- Address: Bixler Lake Park,
Kendallville, Indiana Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (500.00 meters) Bike (13.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Kendallville Kiwanis, the City of Kendallville and Cole Center YMCA.
- Website: http://www.kpctriathlon.com/
- Contact email:
- Description: This competitive but shorter sprint-distance race is great for both veteran and novice athletes. The race is staged at shady, beautiful Bixler Lake Park in Kendallville, Indiana, just north of Fort Wayne. The 500 meter lake swim is followed by a just-under 13 mile bike race, and closing with a 5-K cross-country style run. The run includes a stretch in and around the authentic windmills of the Mid-America Windmill Museum before a shady and spectator-friendly finish in the park. Two and three person teams are welcome; the race also includes a youth division for teens age 15 - 17.
The swim and run are laid-out in a spectator-friendly fashion, and the park setting, includes children’s play equipment to entertain younger spectators.
- Members who are scheduled to race: 10secKarma, garbage guts, mlbowe