Evergreen Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 26, 2015
29612 Upper Bear Creek Road,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (12.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Racing Underground
- Website: http://www.racingunderground.com
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Experience the WOW factor on this beautiful foothills course! Nothing beats this cool lake swim, spectacular road bike ride, and scenic dirt road & trail run – all just 20 minutes from Denver. Evergreen Lake had not seen a triathlon since the early 90’s when the Evergreen High Country Triathlon challenged athletes from around the country. We revived the tradition in 2012, and the course received rave reviews. Demand for the third edition of the Evergreen Sprint Triathlon will be high, so be sure to register soon!
The Evergreen Triathlon swim follows a counter-clockwise loop in scenic Evergreen Lake. In mid-July, the lake will be comfortably cool. Water temps for the past three years have been just a tick under 70 degrees. The 12-mile ride follows well-maintained paved roadways alongside Bear Creek, then climbs up Witter Gulch and Stagecoach. The final five miles of the course is a very fun rolling descent including an auto lane that is totally closed to motor vehicles for the final two miles. The run course will follow a mix of dirt roads and trails above and around Evergreen Lake with a short paved stretch and some boardwalk segments. The finish will be on the lawn in front of the beautiful Evergreen Lake House. The course also includes the stairs down and up the dam, reminiscent of the Escape from Alcatraz Tri. This is truly a fun course!
Members who are scheduled to race: driftin' by, TJSchutte