City of Birmingham Triathlon - Olympic Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 20, 2014
- Address: Sutton Park,
Birmingham, England Get directions
- Country: United Kingdom
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (40.00 kms) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: UK Triathlon
- Website: http://uktriathlon.co.uk/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Sutton Park is one of the largest urban parks in Europe and the largest outside a capital city; it is larger than Richmond Park in London, covering 2,400 acres consisting of woodlands, heath lands and wetlands. The entire park was recently designated a National Nature Reserve by English Nature.
Delivering a sense of wilderness within an urban environment, visitors to Sutton Park can enjoy the captivating scenery, using an accessible network of paths.
The triathlon will take place completely within the park, starting with an open water swim in Powell’s pool, the largest pool in the park at 48 acres, followed by cycling around the park on tarmac roads with a well signed and interesting route. The final element of the triathlon is the fairly flat run within the park on grass and through woodlands.
- Members who are scheduled to race: gonzo4233