Marlow Half Iron Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 20, 2014
- Address: Higginson Park,
Marlow, England Get directions
- Country: United Kingdom
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (1900.00 meters) Bike (86.00 kms) Run (20.00 kms)
- Organization: F3 Events
- Website: http://www.f3events.co.uk/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The Marlow Half Iron Distance Triathlon, a triathlon consisting of a river swim, cycling and running.
The event is open to all levels of participant and encourages first time triathletes to the event. The event is set to attract over 700 participants, as the world of endurance sports and triathlon creates massive demand for longer distance events over the shorter distances that have originally formed this great sport.
The swim is a 1900 metre one lap course in the River Thames and is designed to make even the weakest swimmer get a fast swim split.
The Bike course is 2.5 laps covering 86km and only has 2 main hills, otherwise it is flat and fast.
Please note it is on a main road and due care to be taken.
The Run is 4 laps of 5km route on Tarmac and Grass Footpaths and meanders back towards Marlow and into the finish at Higginson Park from the river tow path.
- Members who are scheduled to race: gonzo4233, pauljohnson76