The Nation's Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 07, 2014
- Address: ,
Washington, D.C., Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (40.00 kms) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Competitor Group
- Website: http://www.thenationstriathlon.com/
- Contact email:
- Description: The Nation's Triathlon course is one of the most spectacular and athlete friendly courses in the world winding past monuments, memorials and history through the Nation's Capital.
The swim takes place in the scenic and calm Potomac River where you will swim past Arlington Cemetery and under the Memorial Bridge twice. The swim start is next to the transition area and the finish line so family and friends can watch more of your race. The bike route is flat and fast winding past the Potomac River, the White House, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, United States Peace Institute, and Kennedy Center. There is no bike course like it in the world. The run route is a challenging and beautiful single-loop that takes competitors past the Tidal Basin, Jefferson Memorial, National Holocaust Memorial, US Mint, Haines Point and more. The finish line is adjacent to the transition area and swim start making it ideal for family and friends. The Finish Line Festival has live music, free food for athletes, free post-race athlete services and instant results printed for you right when you finish!
- Members who are scheduled to race: bjshaddix, jdayiii, sdonohue, speedy1
District of Columbia forums