General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bricks Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-06-04 12:38 PM

User image

spokane, WA
Subject: Bricks
Is it normal to take off on your run so fast when you get off the bike. I did my first brick and ended up going at a very fast pace. It didn't feel like I was going that fast, but when I tracked just my run from the brick it said it was a pace of about 6. That seems really fast to me. No wonder I couldn't breath.
Kim

2004-06-04 4:00 PM
in reply to: #29163

Veteran
MO
Subject: RE: Bricks
You know, I've had the same weird experience. I thought I would feel awful for the first few minutes of a brick run, but I felt great and I ended up having to deliberately slow myself down. It felt like my legs were used to going fast (from pedaling at high RPMs) and then they wanted to keep going that fast! My heart rate was way too high, though.

If you were happy with your pace, great job! If you want to go slower next time, maybe run a route you're familiar with and know where the quarter- or half-mile marks are, and then you can adjust your pace on the fly. You could also use a pedometer -- I use one made by Garmin, a GPS company, and I LOVE it. I'm terrible at knowing what my pace is, and that really makes it easy.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bricks Rss Feed