General Discussion Triathlon Talk » In town for business next week, need a 5-ish mile route near DuPont/Logan Circle Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-03-14 10:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Detroit, Michigan
Subject: In town for business next week, need a 5-ish mile route near DuPont/Logan Circle

Hey all, I'll be bringing my running shoes when I'm in town for business next week. I'm looking for a good 4-5 mile route around where I'm staying, near DuPont Circle. I'd prefer not to take the Metro anywhere.

Just looking at Google Maps, Rock Creek Park looks intriguing. Does it have nice trails? Is it safe to run in the evening? (I'm female and will be alone, but I am from Detroit and can handle a little grit.)

Thanks for any advice!

2012-03-19 11:54 AM
in reply to: #4095953

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro
Subject: RE: In town for business next week, need a 5-ish mile route near DuPont/Logan Circle

What time of day?  A nice route that I would recommend is to take the Rock Creek Park trail down to the Mall area and run around the monuments. 

From Dupont you can go out P st and as soon as you cross over Rock Creek Parkway you take a hard left and loop down to the trail.  That' run right down to the Lincolin Memorial and you can grab any of the Mall pathways from there and run up to the Washington Memorial.  that should get you about 5 miles (out and back).  If you are feel up to it you can add the Mall to the Capitol from the Washington Monument, that'll add about 2 miles round trip for about 7 from Dupont Cir. and back.

You will mostly be on a trail so the only traffic issues will be at street crossings and along P st.  Fairly nice run and you go by the Watergate, Kennedy Center, Lincoln Mem., Washington Mon., The Capitol, and a host of Smithsonian Museums.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » In town for business next week, need a 5-ish mile route near DuPont/Logan Circle Rss Feed