General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lots of sweat barefoot. Solutions? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-22 3:27 PM

Regular
Subject: Lots of sweat barefoot. Solutions?

I have switched to biking and running without socks.  I am looking for a solution to how sweaty my foot gets.  One of the guys here told me that he drills holes in his running shoes.

I was wondering if there are any inserts that are really good for socking up sweat.  More looking for a solution on the running side.  Thanks if advance for any help.

2008-08-22 3:41 PM
in reply to: #1622101

User image

Extreme Veteran
Anaheim
Subject: RE: Lots of sweat barefoot. Solutions?

Not sure I really have a solution, but consider that an insert that absorbs sweat will also absorb water for dousing, making your foot heavier and promoting chafing. I wear Newtons which are very airy. All mesh on top. Some racers use anti-perspirant on their feet to stay dry. Drilling holes will ceratinly let water drain, but I'm not sure it would really help with prevention, and some shoes you don't want to do that with, anyway.

For the bike shoes, look for some that are vented underneath. Mine have vents and drain holes under the arch.

2008-08-22 4:38 PM
in reply to: #1622101

User image

Nampa, Idaho
Subject: RE: Lots of sweat barefoot. Solutions?
Go to the store and look by the deoderant for Certain Dri. It's in box and usually in the middle where the girl stuff meets the boy stuff because it's a gender neutral product. It's an anti-perspirent and you can put it on your feet. My doc prescribes a rx strength for feet and the packaging says you can use it on feet too.

It's great stuff. I usually can't find it at Wal-mart though and have to go to Krogers.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lots of sweat barefoot. Solutions? Rss Feed