General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » So I figured, why not? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-03-26 5:33 PM

New user

Subject: So I figured, why not?
Which is pretty much my whole reason for getting into this triathlon idea. I'm 25, a backpack, boulder, rock climb, kayak kind of person. I recently moved to the Berkshires (MA) from Montana and am looking for a challenge. I'm active, but as you can see from my sports, in a more 'lower heart rate' way, my lung endurance for running and distance biking has been my greatest challenge so far. My muscles are happy with the strain, and everything else is tagging along a bit slower. I'm training for the Great Josh Billings Runaground in Great Barrington, coming up in September. It's a 26 mile bike, 6.2 mile run, and 5 mile kayak (no swimming for this lady, yet!). Anywho, thought I'd say hello since this is what that's all about, and I look forward to spending more time on the site!

Sara

2006-03-26 5:52 PM
in reply to: #379850

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Subject: RE: So I figured, why not?
Hi Sara -

Welcome - wow that sounds like a fun race! I have never kayaked, but it interests me. Since you are running and biking now you can also look at doing duathlons......who knows you may even get the "bug" to swim... Good Luck

2006-03-26 7:24 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas
Welcome to BT.  This is the place to begin your tri taining and give all of us tips on the other sports.  I use to live in Connecticut and your self-summary reminds me of my old boss, who live just across the Mass boarder.  I hope you are finging the Berks a great place.  Keep loging on and give us all updates on your training and races.
2006-03-27 6:13 AM

New user

Thanks guys! I guess I wasn't really expecting anyone to reply to my meandering triathlon-trying reasons, but I appreciate it! I'm excited to try out something new, something endurance oriented. Who knows where it may lead?

S
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » So I figured, why not? Rss Feed